Oceana Dining

sparkieplug24

Hi folks Im a bit confused on the Oceana in the evenings is it only in the two main restaurants you can dine without paying extra or are there other places on the ship :confused: .

Thanks for the help

Donna

There is the Café Jardin at the top of the Atrium. The self service Plaza I think is waiter service with a cover charge. Not 100% sure as we only used the restaurant.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

You pay extra for the Horizon Court at night when it turns into a Bistro and for the Horizon Grill which is outdoors overlooking the pool area.

The one that are in with the price so to speak are the dining rooms and the Cafe Jardin. We have used all of them and they are equally as good as each other in our opinion.

Not usre what the extra charge is now but it used to be around £7.95 per person probably gone up now.

The Cafe Jardin is one of our favorites for breakfast and a quick lunch and this is in the price.

• 1 month later...
We have booked freedom dining for our cruise on the Oceana in July. Can anyone explain exactly what this means ? I assume we'd have to book a time for our meal in the dining rooms, rather than club dining, where you're in the same place each night?

Any info anyone?

Club dining is same table, same time, either 1st or 2nd sitting. Freedom dining is where you choose the time and table you want but you then have the hastle of having to book and I understand the popular timeslots go very quickly. Personally, I would always go for the club dining as the timings then fit in with the evening shows etc. Either way there is no extra charge.

Brian

We have booked freedom dining for our cruise on the Oceana in July. Can anyone explain exactly what this means ? I assume we'd have to book a time for our meal in the dining rooms, rather than club dining, where you're in the same place each night?

Any info anyone?

Just curious what cruise are you doing in July as thats when were going cant for the life of me remember the cruise number leaves on 5 july

As said above by Brian1 you book a table once on board ship on daily basis (think you can book 2 days at time) but you can also turn up at the restaurant and if they have a table you can dine immediately if not they give you a pager and they page you when their is a table I have read else where that when people have been given pager they have not had to wait more than 15-20 mins for a table. But dont quote me on any of this im just going by what i have been told by others as this will be my first time with P and O and first experience of Freedom dining

Archived