Any tips for POH restaurants/meals?

tofuyan

I will be traveling on POH on the 17th and would like to find out more about the restaurants/meals on the cruise boat now that I am pretty much done in planning my itinerary for the trip.

Which restaurants do I not have to pay extra?

When do you recommend making reservations?

Which buffets are good and less crowded??

Any other tips???

:)

You could do a search for more details but this is what I remember.

Cagneys is a pay restaurant. I think it is $20/pp with an option upsell menu for an additional $10. They had really good food.

Le Bistro is a fancy restaurant. I think it is also $20/pp with an option upsell for an additional $10. We got this for just the $10 per person for the upsell because we ordered the romance package thru "bon voyage gifts". That was a great value as we got a lot of stuff including the free dinner to LeBistro, champagne, cake, free photos etc. for about $79.

We didn't eat at the others but they have Teppanyaki which is hard to get in. Mama's I think is free and I've heard it is wonderful italian food.

I ate at the buffet every day except those 2 pay dinners. I loved the buffet and so did DH. We liked going to the back of the ship outside. Buffet is all on the Lido deck so there aren't multiple buffets to choose from. There are 2 buffets connected to each other, just one is inside and one is outside. THe one outside isn't always open. They were open for breakfast I know. They also have burgers & such out by the pool but we didn't do that.

There are main restaurants that are free. I don't remember the names but I think they are listed as Main Dining. I didn't eat in them so they aren't sticking to my brain.

You can only make reservations 2 days in advance. In other words, the minute you board the ship, go to the information desk and make your reservation for that night and the next. The next day, early morning, make reservations for the following night. I didn't have much success with getting an early dinner seating so I chose to eat at the buffet most times so I could eat when I wanted what I wanted. I was never disappointed with the food and I could eat in my shorts if I wanted. They had things like made to order pasta's, carved roast beef with baked potato & vegis, made to order burgers and hot dogs, all kinds of salads, several desserts to choose from and ice cream, tea, coffee, milk, juice. Mornings were the best with made to order omelets, fresh fruit etc. Yummy. It just wasn't worth the hassel of trying to get a reasonable dining time. I just couldn't force myself to eating at 9:15pm when I would rather be singing karaoke at that time so I did the early buffet and had my evenings free to enjoy the shows.

Archived