Best Western Oakland Park Inn FLL?

swalker991

Hi, we're traveling to FL for a few days before our cruise (2 adults & 2 kids under 8) and have reserved a room at the BW Oakland Park Inn. Anyone stayed there before? It got decent reviews on tripadvisor, but I keep seeing so much about bedbugs (not at Oakland Park, but everywhere else)! I want to make sure we stay in a decent, but under $150/night hotel. Thanks:rolleyes:

We have Oakland Park BW selected as our first pick with the Hampton Inn in Plantation second. We will have a car and these locations are closer to the sights we will be visiting on our 2 night post cruise in April 2008. Cost is less at OP BW, under $100, so we are leaning there, but Plantation is closer to AP, we fly into Miami, depart Port Everglades. Would appreciate your feedback. Cleanliness and safety are priorities. Happy crusing!!

We have Oakland Park BW selected as our first pick with the Hampton Inn in Plantation second. We will have a car and these locations are closer to the sights we will be visiting on our 2 night post cruise in April 2008. Cost is less at OP BW, under $100, so we are leaning there, but Plantation is closer to AP, we fly into Miami, depart Port Everglades. Would appreciate your feedback. Cleanliness and safety are priorities. Happy crusing!!

Sure! I'll keep you posted after our trip! Your reasons are the same as ours--we will have 2 days and have plans to do stuff closer to OP BW. We rented from Thrifty and will return the car to the Miami airport where they have a free shuttle to the Port of Miami. We're flying into FL, but cruising from Miami.

Thanks Stacey that would be great!

You are doing just the opposite from us. Could not find a Non-Stop flight out of SFO to FLL, only MIA. We are leaving rental at the FLL Airport and using the shuttle (Hertz) to Port Everglades.:)

My hubby is in SDO, actually leaving this AM on a 10 day fishing trip down to Mexico.:cool: Would love to be warm right now.

When in 2008 and where are you going on your cruise ???

Maybe you can let the hotel know about these boards, would perhaps be a way for them to drum up extra business, or not, depending on the service you receive.

Laurie

I stayed here Jan 2007 and totally loved it, brand new bedding, great breakfast and a free drink at thier pool side bar, fabulous pool.....

The building itself is a bit outdated but the rooms werent...

there is a Target kiddy corner to the hotel and many other shops....

Have fun you wont be disapointed...

Thanks Stacey that would be great!

You are doing just the opposite from us. Could not find a Non-Stop flight out of SFO to FLL, only MIA. We are leaving rental at the FLL Airport and using the shuttle (Hertz) to Port Everglades.:)

My hubby is in SDO, actually leaving this AM on a 10 day fishing trip down to Mexico.:cool: Would love to be warm right now.

When in 2008 and where are you going on your cruise ???

Maybe you can let the hotel know about these boards, would perhaps be a way for them to drum up extra business, or not, depending on the service you receive.

Laurie

I'm flying out of Sacto & had to fly into Atlanta. I look at it as a small break in the flight; I have a 40 minute layover to change planes to Orlando, then another 30 minute layover before my flight to FLL.

Even though I'm taking the first flight from the Left Coast, I still don't get into FLL until 6 p.m. due to the two stops, so it will probably be 7ish by the time I get to my hotel..

Hi Treven,

We leave SFO on Friday-12:20p.m., arrive MIA at 8:40p.m., it was the only Non-Stop I could find, then still need to get rental car and drive to hotel. Thought a later flight would be best so not to get stuck in any commuter traffic, at this end one little accident and it's backed up for hours. Even if all goes as planned don't expect to be checking in until after 11:00p.m. That is why we chose an extra travel day, to see the sights and settle our nerves. Cruise leaves on Sunday. We cruise back to San Francisco so only have to fly one way. :)

• 1 month later...

The hotel was fine--we were pleased with it. The room was clean and the breakfast was good--much better than your average continental breakfast. I also felt very safe there. There's a large shopping center kitty-corner with a Target, Old Navy, and such. There's a decent restaurant 4-doors down called the something Ale House. It had a large menu. Have fun! Our cruise was a blast!

Actually I've changed my flight plans. Now I leave Sacramento at 10:30 on a Saturday night (through Atlanta) and arrive FLL at 10:30 Sunday morning. My cruise leaves at 4:00 that afternoon. I figure I'll save $ by not having the expense of a hotel for only 6-8 hours.

Coming back I have a stop in Salt Lake City and that's it.

Thanks Stacey,

Will call and confirm our reservation. So glad you had a wonderful cruise! I still have 3 months to wait but anticipation can be a good thing.:)

If Frygirl and Cooper6606 are still on the boards hopefully they will see your review and "rest" assured.

Treven - You can file the info away in case you need accomodations next time. Happy Crusing

Laurie

Archived