Getting around the Explorer of the Seas

I have booked a balcony cabin on deck eight aft, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me insight as to the best way to get around on board (i.e. stairs, elevators, forward, back, etc.) Any thoughts would be helpful.

Aft elevators. I guess it depends on just how aft and if you prefer walking as well as.....where on the ship you're going.

I suggest taking the stairs sometimes because there is beautiful artwork throughout. Not to mention each pax deck also has displayed artwork. So, my best advice is to vary your steps each day!

Enjoy your Cruise, Explorer is a fabulous ship and we will be on here in 2 weeks! (I will be posting Live so feel free to stop by my Live thread while Im on board!)

WHEN ARE YOU SAILING??

Really depends what you like.

I often take the elevator down to deck four when I need to walk from front to back, or reverse. I also like walking down the Royal Promenade, but only if I'm sure of the direction I'm going. Without an atrium, I never know if I'm fore or aft, and all the tricks from other ships never seem to work.

The elevators are a little challenging at critical times, as there are only two banks of them (yet on both sides, making four).

Ah, I'm exhausted just thinking about all this!

There are no tricks. It's a HUGE ship with lots of nook and crannies. Enjoy it!

Don't worry about finding your way around a Voyager class ship. RCCL has fantastic signage for these ships, especially on the Royal Promanade and at all banks of elevators. There are beautiful ship signs which indicate where you are, the direction of forward and aft, and what is located on each deck. You can't get lost. The Voyager class ships are the easiest ships to find your way, even though they are very large.

A little noticed feature of the Voyager ships is that the carpeting in the elevator lobbies is one color on the port side and a different color on the starboard side, so once you learn what side of the ship your cabin is on it makes it easy when getting off the elevator.

Archived