Funny things people do the first time on a cruise

I was reading a couple of threads and it reminded me of something that, not necessarily annoys me, but I always run into it and it kind of makes me laugh: When someone is walking in one direction on the ship (maybe checking out the promenade etc and looking in the opposite direction that they are walking and just keeps walking. So you notice that they can't see you and they are not paying attention, so you try to walk around them to avoid the head-on collision, but they keep walking in the direction you are going. I feel like I am a magnet for these people. Oh, and it happens in ports too. Just wanted to share this quirky observation. Does this happen to anyone else?

You gave me a chuckle- I like the peope who are staring all around the atriums (usually looking up to the ceiling/skylight/whatever)- but they're still walking forward at a brisk pace. Yes, I stare too- so many ships have such spectacular atriums- but I try to remember to stop in place! (And move out of the walkway.)

Another first-time cruiser "habit" (that makes me want to take them aside and gently give them a clue LOL)- ladies who carry their huge pocketbooks all around the ship. And when they order a drink, they have to search through the bag for their wallets, then get out the "ship's card" that they keep in with their credit cards/ID's/etc. All you need onboard is the card! Every ship I've cruised has had a safe to hold all your valuables- leave it all in there and travel light on the ship. Trust me- it's easier going through the buffet line without 20 pounds around your neck and over your shoulder!

Another first-time cruiser "habit" (that makes me want to take them aside and gently give them a clue LOL)- ladies who carry their huge pocketbooks all around the ship. And when they order a drink, they have to search through the bag for their wallets, then get out the "ship's card" that they keep in with their credit cards/ID's/etc. All you need onboard is the card! Every ship I've cruised has had a safe to hold all your valuables- leave it all in there and travel light on the ship. Trust me- it's easier going through the buffet line without 20 pounds around your neck and over your shoulder!

I guess I am one of the offenders---I carry my pruse because I feel naked without it. I also need it to carry my sunscreen, eyedrops, lipstick, pills, pens, kleenex, sunglasses etc.----- All those things that I would have to keep running back to the cabin for. Without the 20 pound weight over one shoulder I would most certainly be off balance and feel odd. No problem at the pool as my husband doesn't go in the water and I leave it with him. Most of the time I have some of his "stuff" in there as well. And oh yes, I also carry my ship's card. I'm not being snarky----am chuckling as I write.

I the walking and gawking thing happens at most Malls, too, so I'm sure it's a personality thing as opposed to a newbie thing. But, I'm sure us newbie are sometimes amazed by all the new gradeur presented to us and we fail to comprehend that we are walking while gawking. I'll put my appologies in now.:D

Archived