Which ship?

traderteacher

We are trying to figure out which ship would be best for us. Need your help. Air is already booked for Spring Break (3/22-3/29). We have 2 17 year old boys and 2 14 year old girls. No, not twins. Our kids and cousins. The Triumph, the Glory and the Freedom (sounds like a a good movie title) all leave on the 22nd. Best teen clubs? Basketball courts? Personally, I don't care. All I need is a hot sun and a cold drink. Thanks for your help.

Glory and Freedom have a caged volleyball and basketball court. They also have a large dedicated teen club located along the Promenade deck next to the arcade. I think either of these ships would be a better choice for your family than the Triumph. The Triumph is still a very nice ship and I have sailed her sister ship the Victory, they just have fewer bells and whistles.

With active boys you might consider sailing a western itinerary. You can choose from more active shore trips like cave-tubing in Belize, zip-lining in Belize, Montego Bay or Limon Costa Rica, Stingray city in Grand Cayman etc. The Eastern itineraries go to beautiful islands with gorgeous beaches but offer less active excursions generally.

I always bring a basketball and a volleyball with me. I deflate them at home and bring a hand pump and pins so I can inflate them on the ship. The Purser's desk will have these items, but they are frequently well worn, and only available during certain hours.

Archived