New to Cruising

NewCruiser2008

Welcome NEWCRUISER!

As you can see by my screen name, I was a "new cruiser" myself not to long ago! :D

As far as Belize goes, I have been having the same problem looking for activities in this port as well.

Be prepared for a million and a half suggestions about going Cave Tubing, as it seems that is the only thing besides going to a beach or snorkeling that there is to do in Belize.

We're still looking for other options when we're there, but are not finding much, as the activities mentioned above are not all that exciting to our gang.

GOOD LUCK!

:)

. . . to the Belize board, and perhaps some of those who would otherwise like to be helpful have become exhausted encouraging the scam posters (who are usually "interested" in cave tubing).

Assuming that you are a legitimate poster, however, I would suggest that you be a little more explicit about your own situation: what ages are your daughters? How adventurous is your family? Is your Mom pretty, young, and fit, or should her marital status or health be factored in to the responses? Does your group enjoy long bus or boat rides through unfamiliar territory, or are they in the "instant gratification" class? Want to meet people? Want to meet animals? Want to swim or dive? Want to learn a tiny bit about ancient civilizations? or butterflies?

There are a virtually infinite number of possibilities for breathtaking adventure in Belize (even a writer from the New York Times, a newspaper not always recognized for adventurous imagination or great insight, kept himself awake and active for about ten days recently going about and doing stuff that was essentially designed just for tourists); if you have bothered to read ANY of the other strings on this board you would know that--so unless your situation has special requirements, or you want suggestions tailored to your particular age groups and interests, you should look through the hundreds of topics as if it were a menu and puzzle out for yourself what it might be best for you to dine on. There are plenty of people reading this board who can answer specific questions about specific tours, tour providers, water levels, rainfall, "the bends," sunblock, insect repellent, personal experiences and so on, but when you write to the board saying essentially, "What am I gonna DO for a WHOLE DAY?" you are like a two-year-old in a candy store crying for candy--no one knows and few can imagine what you are going to enjoy, and many strangers may offer many things you don't want anyway. One thing seems to be certain--almost everyone in Belize wants you to have a good time when you visit, and they will do as much as they can to help you.

But if you don't tell people your house is on fire, few will think to bring water with them. :rolleyes:

Perhaps from this site you can find an activity that you would like to do. We did the Caye Caulke--snorkel and sting ray alley excursion in July. We had such a great time we are repeating it in Feb. with friends. The guides were fantastic and the snorkeling was amazing. We had a fun boat ride to the island, good lunch and time on the island. Hope you find something you like.

There are a bunch of different trips you can take besides cave tubing. I was in Belize in 03 and the one thing I can say is make sure you book something. Unless things have changed quite a bit, there isn't much within walking distance, and you will want a guided tour for sure. It's a lovely place--have a fun time!!!!!

I was in Belize in 03 and it was not very developed--which is kind of nice. But, that means there isn't much to do within walking distance, and you will want to make sure you book something. Maybe snorkeling/Scuba or visiting some ruins?? Either way--enjoy--it's a lovely place.

Archived