Formal nights on 4 day cruises (Fantasy)

Nikki B

We are taking the Fantasy out of New Orleans the week before Christmas. My wife will be coming in from Florida and my son from college and we really do not want to pack any really formal clothes for a cruise that has 2 days at sea and 1 in Cozumel. Will my son and I be ok on formal night with a pair of dress pants and shirt {with or without a tie}? This a quick holiday get away and we are only going to pack minimal clothes.

We are taking the Fantasy out of New Orleans the week before Christmas. My wife will be coming in from Florida and my son from college and we really do not want to pack any really formal clothes for a cruise that has 2 days at sea and 1 in Cozumel. Will my son and I be ok on formal night with a pair of dress pants and shirt {with or without a tie}? This a quick holiday get away and we are only going to pack minimal clothes.

Technically, if you intend to eat in main dining you should dress as you would for formal night, i.e. slacks, jacket, etc. However, I've seen folks dressed worse than you describe in main dining on formal nights.

You could blow off the slacks and such and eat at the buffet on the Lido Deck.

Thanks Host - we have been on numerous cruises and on a typical 7 day crusie we would bring formal attire for the special evenings. This cruise is a quick getaway and our first short cruise and I only want to know what the minimal accepted attire is on a formal night (we know better than shorts or jeans although I have certainly seen them in the dining room on formal nights). We have no problem with the buiffet on the Lido deck for breakfast or lunch but do not intend on eating our dinners there

You should go to the Roll Call pages and then to the Fantasy roll call-we may be on the same trip-20-24th Not many of us on that roll call but i think the ship almost sold out--Happy Cruising

I concur with everyone who has posted - on our last Fantasy cruise there were LOTS of men in button down shirt and slacks - no jacket or tie. Several wore just a polo shirt, but I wouldn't recommend that. Dress code for the Captain's Cocktail Party is also formal, so it's worth getting a little dressed up just for the free drinks!!!

Archived