Dolphins swim

Lady of the Lakes

I did the Dolphin Swim in PV last year. I have read the articles that are posted all of the discussion forums. I do not know what the observer tickets cost, but you could find out at a website for the attraction.

I felt no guilt about getting in with dolphins and I would/will do it all over again. If you do feel guilty about participating and swimming with them, why is that minimized by just observing? Maybe I am off the mark by assuming that. But, it sounds as if you are backing off from the full experience and maybe just moving to an observers role...

I really wonder how far people carry this. No more zoos? No more belts or leather jackets or steaks?

Not me. The dolphin encounter was awesome. I look forward to doing it all over again.

I don't know which fact you're referring to, but I have read arguments against swimming with the dolphins and do not agree. These dolphins are safe and well fed. Sure, they have to work for a living, but I believe they love their jobs. If they were "free", they would be in danger of getting tangled up in fishing nets, hit by ships, or meeting an untimely death in a number of unpleasant ways. I have done the dolphin swim at Cozumel, and it was an experience I will never forget. I drag out the DVD of it every so often, just to relive that fabulous experience. I am a horse and dog trainer, and I have a very good "feel" for communication with animals. I honestly saw NO indication that the dolphins were unhappy in what they were doing. "Muusa", the dolphin that we swam with, seemed to be very happy to be doing her tricks and "playing" with the people. So I say, go and take the dolphin swim or do the encounter, and give those kids an experience of a lifetime. :)

Where are you swimming with Dolphins at? I booked with an independent company in Cozumel and it was around $100 per person... I even found it for about $80 per person... I don't know if there would be a charge for observers... $1000 for family... How many people is that for? It was an awesome experience that I'll never forget

The dolphins may be "in captivity", but they are not doing anything they don't do in the wild except as the previous poster said, get caught in fishing nets or eaten by some predator. Doplhins are known to interact with divers in the wild, they will nudge and play with people. They are very friendly animals. Don't deny yourself learning about these animals becasue of some extremists

Where are you swimming with Dolphins at? I booked with an independent company in Cozumel and it was around $100 per person... I even found it for about $80 per person... I don't know if there would be a charge for observers... $1000 for family... How many people is that for? It was an awesome experience that I'll never forget

My husband did the dolphin swim in Nassau and it was just a little over $200. There was another option, called a dophin encounter, that was around $100 but you didn't actually get to swim with the dolphins for that. I paid about @20 just to watch my husband.

ETA I just checked the Dolphin Encounters website for Nassau. The Dolphin Swim is $165. The Dolphin Encounter is $85. Observers are charged $20. There is no Family Plan and there is no Children's Swim.

There is a program in Cozumel that is priced as follows:

PROGRAM ADULT CHILD

Royal Swim $139 $139

Swim Adventure $103 $102

Dolphin Encounter $88 $74

I did the Dolphin Swim in PV last year. I have read the articles that are posted all of the discussion forums. I do not know what the observer tickets cost, but you could find out at a website for the attraction.

I felt no guilt about getting in with dolphins and I would/will do it all over again. If you do feel guilty about participating and swimming with them, why is that minimized by just observing? Maybe I am off the mark by assuming that. But, it sounds as if you are backing off from the full experience and maybe just moving to an observers role...

I really wonder how far people carry this. No more zoos? No more belts or leather jackets or steaks?

Not me. The dolphin encounter was awesome. I look forward to doing it all over again.

I think the op's point was she wanted to watch her child.. adults can't go in the kids encounter..don't think she has a problem with the Dolphins..We did the dolphins with disney and we loved it!!

have a great day,

Carla

We did the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau and it was indeed something my DD and I will never forget. She is the only one in her entire school that can say she has been with dolphins up close and personal and has an album to prove it. Would we do it again, you betcha.

Archived