The Nerve!!!

sas80

Well, isn't this typical? After all of the people who have never been on the tour speculate as to why children should be left at home... someone relates an ACTUAL experience and it turns out the kids were better behaved than some of the adults (listening attentively, accepting the disappointment about not swimming). I guess it's no surprise to us on this board - well, 'most' of us, anyway!! :)

Thank you so much for posting Lardai! I hope you'll consider posting on the original thread as well... although no doubt the naysayers will just say Cosol may have told you that he was concerned for the children, but really he did it for the 'other' passengers. Personally, I am very impressed with this person, and when we have St. Lucia to look forward to as a stop on some future cruise, I hope I remember his name!! I'm sure it will be all over the boards, based on what I'm seeing, though, so it shouldn't be a problem! :)

QUOTE "although no doubt the naysayers will just say Cosol may have told you that he was concerned for the children, but really he did it for the 'other' passengers."

Who is to say that he (Cosol) didn't have EVERYONE'S interest at heart? As someone who was subjected to a cranky, tired, screaming kid for half of an 8 hour tour, I do sympathize with those who cringe at children on some excursions. It was NOT a pleasant time.....and the parents said they had no idea how to calm her down or what to do with her.....they just really wanted to go and see these little towns and dragged the poor kid along.

And yet, on other excursions, there have been kids who are just angels and wonderful to be around. I love to see things through the eyes of children; somehow I always see something in a different light! But these children had parents who took their children's temprament and personalities into consideration when booking these excursions.

It really depends on the personality of the child......I guess I would say, if there is any doubt that your child could handle the excursion, then be on the safe side and not book it.......after all, the others that have paid for that excursion should have the excursion they were promised (within reason.)

Oh yes, Lisa, and I'm sure Cosol does do his best to make the tour the best possible for everyone involved.

I'm sorry to hear you had some 'less thoughtful' parents on one of your excursions.

I think the thing that upsets someone like me the most about the people who will come in to a thread like that and assume that children will behave badly is that the parents who take the time to post and ask questions are doing it so that they can make an informed decision about their children's suitability for the experience.

If only all parents really cared enough about their children and other people to do their research (here or elsewhere) and make their decisions based on what their children can honestly handle, there would be a lot less complaints. Like I said, though, that's why it's so frustrating to see the ones that DO make the effort getting the negativity.

I hope all your future excursions have well behaved children on them to help you enjoy things from that 'special' perspective while still enjoying it from your own!! :)

Archived