Any tips? Parents 50th Wedding Anniversary - Radiance of the Seas 2/08

brja0011

We are taking my parents on an Eastern Caribbean cruise - Radiance of the Seas in February 2008 for their 50 wedding anniversary. Any tips you could give to get some extra "deals" on the ship, advice, or ship "secrets"? I've never cruised before and almost can't stand the wait! I am SO excited!!!!

We have Family Oceanview rooms 8000, 8500, & 8502. And E1 staterooms 8088 & 8086. Does anyone have pictures of these rooms or able to share how I can see them?

Any advice you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated. My parents have taken 3 or 4 cruises but I want this one to be the BEST one ever. (Only 2 kids are going- the rest adults). I ordered the room decorations. They are late nighters and enjoy a party - FYI Anything else I can do to make it extra special or surprise them? How does one get to have dinner with the captain?

THANKS for your help, I appreciate it!!!!

You picked a fantastic ship to start with. Make reservations as soon as you board for either of the specialty restaurants. Portofino, more Italian but beef excellent. Chops is a steak house. There is a 20$ per person charge which is well worth it. Make sure you ride the lobby (glass) elevators to the 13th floor and look out to the ocean. Make sure you go to the loyal ambassador area (Crown and Anchor) and look down through the coffee table there.

Order flowers for their cabin also !!!

We did the family thing for my parents 50th anniversary several years ago. we had a blast. Dad told everyone to do as they wish.....but just be at the dinner table at night. That was his only simple request. We had a blast at dinner too!!

Archived