Carnival Family Cabin

Does anyone know if Carnival ships have family cabins like RCL? Also, does anyone know if the Carnival conquest has adjoining cabins? We are thinking of going on a cruise out of Galveston, tx since we live in Dallas and our choices are Voyager of the seas which we have already been on, great ship btw, and carnival conquest. We would like to try something new, but are unfamiliar with carnival.

Thanks

I don't believe so. Just to double check, I went to Carnival's web site and looked at Conquest's deck plans. The choice of cabins are inside categories, Ocean view categories, Cat 11 suite with balcony and Cat 12 suite with balcony.

I have been in a Cat 12 suite and it only holds 4. The Cat 12 is comparable to a Grand Suite on RCCL as far as room is concerned. But it still only holds 4.

It depends on what you consider a family cabin.:)

We are just off Triumph and had cabin 6229 which has 2 singles pushed for a queen, the couch turned into a single bed and an upper that comes down from the ceiling. We are a family of four (kidlets are 10 and 7) and were quite comfy in this room (it's a balcony room, if we'd had just an outside there would have been even more room!). The upper stayed down all week so the kids could read, watch TV or play up there, it added to our usable space. The kids took turns sleeping in the upper and everyone was happy!

I took photos but we haven't posted them yet, I'll let you know when we do.

We had heaps of fun and the cabin was perfectly fine for us.

Hope this helps a little.:D

Cindra

Carnival's newer ships (Spirit class and Conquest class) do not have staterooms that will accommodate more than 4 people. I know on their older ships they will allow you to put 5 people in a regular stateroom.

Sorry, I should have been more specific about what I was looking for. I think I already know the answer to this question, but I was looking for something equivalent to the Royal Family suite or a stateroom with 2 separate bedrooms, one for the kiddies and one for us. I’m pretty sure that doesn’t exist on Carnival based on what I have read. I was also surprised to see that you can’t get balcony cabins that adjoin on carnival either. I think the highest category cabin on carnival that adjoins was a portal cabin on the lower decks.

So, it looks like Voyager of the Seas again which is fine. It’s a great ship.

thanks

Archived