Pride worst ship in the fleet???

Balconeysonly

I think it is the tone of the OP that bothers some.

By the way it is You're welcome. Or You are welcome.

Thanks for the correction. Sometimes I get going so fast small items miss my proof read...

As for tone, never underestimate the power of an inflammatory comment. It got this great debate started didn't it?

Why was this necessary? The OP has proven she's not a troll, has said she enjoyed the ports and excursions, it's a beautiful ship, etc. She had some problems that would have made 99% of us upset.

If you see the rest of the comments after this - you will see that I already thanked the OP for the LATER responses about the rest of the cruise. This was before the OP was frank about the fact that they really didn't have anything else positive to say about the food, entertainment, etc... They responded later and then we were done with our discussion, so I don't think the OP needed to be defended.

Well done! there are people who will read a post,and accept it for what it is one persons view, for you, you had a bad time and what you said even if I disagree with it, it would not cause me to respond like a child, I wish you better luck next time. regards

Thank you for all your kind words. It just goes to show people can disagree in a civilized way.

How boring would this world be if all of our opinions were the same or we were afraid to voice opposing ones.

Considering I have only made 28 posts I don't know what you are talking about. No alot more than 1 thing went wrong. I am not the kind of person that gives up that easily. It was a whole lot of little things affecting me and the rest of my group and the piss poor customer service from the only people avalable to help. I can only hope you continue to have hassle free vacations and only the best of help when needed. I know things go wrong. I come from an industry where if I don't do everything in my power to help, someone dies. It leaves me with little patients for people who don't feel there customers come first. Carnival used to, not so much anymore. At least that is the feeling they left me with this time.

For the record i wasnt implying you had 250 posts. The feature allows one to see up to the last 250 post of any person.

Additionally there are trolls a plenty on these boards and when you entitle a thread with "worst ship in the fleet" followed by a vague original post you are going to be automatically labeled a troll. Thats exactly what happened here.

Thank you for all your kind words. It just goes to show people can disagree in a civilized way.

How boring would this world be if all of our opinions were the same or we were afraid to voice opposing ones.

My pleasure, I think you did a splendid job, your complaint did resonate with me, but I did not need to jump in, as from my perspective you handled the disciples of the Carnival church of the perpetual propellor with aplomb. Kind Regards

My pleasure, I think you did a splendid job, your complaint did resonate with me, but I did not need to jump in, as from my perspective you handled the disciples of the Carnival church of the perpetual propellor with aplomb. Kind Regards

You brightened my day. I am going to print out your comment and put it on my encouragement board. It will remind me there are truey genteel people left in the world and that I need to try harder to be one of them.

I think I will try your favorite cruise line next time.

We were on the Pride the week of Thanksgiving. While it was only our second cruise, first on Carnival, I went with an open mind. I needed a vacation, I love cruising, I'm not at work/home, so what could be bad??? I thought the Pride was a lovely ship (compared to Regal Princess, our only other cruise). It was larger by far. True it did have some cosmetic issues, but as I understand, it is in dry dock as we speak. I'm sure all of those issues will be dealt with. The only two things that weren't pleasing to me were we got stuck with late dining and couldn't get it changed. We don't eat that late. The maitre'd said he had to bump over 100 people from early to late and he based his decision on the booking date. Couldn't really complain about the method, it was a fair way to move people around. So we ate late and dealt with it. The only other thing was we thought the food was a bit better on our first cruise, but we never went hungry. Cabin was way awesome. Shore excursions were way awesome. I guess if I had major issues going wrong with my cruise I would be unhappy as the OP stated, but our trip was at least an A-.

You brightened my day. I am going to print out your comment and put it on my encouragement board. It will remind me there are truey genteel people left in the world and that I need to try harder to be one of them.

I think I will try your favorite cruise line next time.

Thank you, genteel maybe not, for some I am to big and to bad both mentally and physically.

May your winter solstice season bring you equations of Grandeur and Gastronomical delights. Steve and Marina, Kalo Taxidi

I'm sorry you had such a bad time on the Pride. I know when a few bad things happen, it does tend to shadow everything else.

Couple of tips, if you ever decide to cruise again.

Make sure all of your bags are locked. Buy the TSA approved locks so that even if they have to open your bags, they won't have to cut the lock off. Even from the Queen Mary to the ship, I would make sure my bags were locked. I don't mean to be distrustful, but it only takes one person.

If you buy any gifts ahead of time, make sure to print off your receipt and take it with you. It's very easy to present this receipt to the Purser (or even your cabin steward) and then they can track it down much easier.

Also, for some of the gift baskets, they may only offer 1 size of t-shirt. I bought a romance package with 2 pocket tees and I think they only came in XL. Again, keep your receipt to show if a specific shirt size was ordered.

I'm not sure if you mentioned this or not, but we tried to make a point of checking our account everyday through the television to make sure the charges were accurace. This wouldn't help if something was posted the last day, but you would be able to catch anything throughout the week.

If you haven't done so already, write Carnival a letter of your frustrations. Just remember that some of the things may not have been in their control, such as the porters.

I wish you the best of luck and maybe once things settle down, you might reconsider cruising again.

Like many others on these boards, I loved the Pride. I loved being the only ship in all the ports we visited (summer) and I even loved sailing out of Long Beach.

We sailed the Pride and loved it.

Long Beach isn't my favorite port. We have never had one item stolen from our suitcases and we don't lock them. Of course, we aren't dumb enough to put anything of value in them either. I doubt anyone wants to steal my underwear.

We were on the Pride the week of Thanksgiving. While it was only our second cruise, first on Carnival, I went with an open mind. I needed a vacation, I love cruising, I'm not at work/home, so what could be bad??? I thought the Pride was a lovely ship (compared to Regal Princess, our only other cruise). It was larger by far. True it did have some cosmetic issues, but as I understand, it is in dry dock as we speak. I'm sure all of those issues will be dealt with. The only two things that weren't pleasing to me were we got stuck with late dining and couldn't get it changed. We don't eat that late. The maitre'd said he had to bump over 100 people from early to late and he based his decision on the booking date. Couldn't really complain about the method, it was a fair way to move people around. So we ate late and dealt with it. The only other thing was we thought the food was a bit better on our first cruise, but we never went hungry. Cabin was way awesome. Shore excursions were way awesome. I guess if I had major issues going wrong with my cruise I would be unhappy as the OP stated, but our trip was at least an A-.

We got bumped to the late seating too, which was a good thing for us. However, if it was decided on booking date, I guess you would have had to book more than 13 months ahead of time, to miss the cut. That's how far out we were booked.

May all your trips be as good....

We sailed the Pride and loved it.

Long Beach isn't my favorite port. We have never had one item stolen from our suitcases and we don't lock them. Of course, we aren't dumb enough to put anything of value in them either. I doubt anyone wants to steal my underwear.

You will be pleased to know all my things of great value were in my back pack, and at my side all the time. Apparently my new hoody and capri pants were too much of a temptation for someone...

Once again stolen items wern't the main problem, just one of the many.

May you never have a problem. Happy crusing...

Well I've learned alot reading all these posts. I'm going to wear everything through embarkation so nothing gets stolen.

Another good point in doing this is that I won't have to tip any porters. ;)

It would be worth going on the Pride again to see that...

Have a wonderful time!!!

I'm sorry you had such a bad time on the Pride. I know when a few bad things happen, it does tend to shadow everything else.

Couple of tips, if you ever decide to cruise again.

Make sure all of your bags are locked. Buy the TSA approved locks so that even if they have to open your bags, they won't have to cut the lock off. Even from the Queen Mary to the ship, I would make sure my bags were locked. I don't mean to be distrustful, but it only takes one person.

If you buy any gifts ahead of time, make sure to print off your receipt and take it with you. It's very easy to present this receipt to the Purser (or even your cabin steward) and then they can track it down much easier.

Also, for some of the gift baskets, they may only offer 1 size of t-shirt. I bought a romance package with 2 pocket tees and I think they only came in XL. Again, keep your receipt to show if a specific shirt size was ordered.

I'm not sure if you mentioned this or not, but we tried to make a point of checking our account everyday through the television to make sure the charges were accurace. This wouldn't help if something was posted the last day, but you would be able to catch anything throughout the week.

If you haven't done so already, write Carnival a letter of your frustrations. Just remember that some of the things may not have been in their control, such as the porters.

I wish you the best of luck and maybe once things settle down, you might reconsider cruising again.

Like many others on these boards, I loved the Pride. I loved being the only ship in all the ports we visited (summer) and I even loved sailing out of Long Beach.

We started checking the folio the first day. That's when we caught the first bar tab that did not belong to us.

As for the wrong sizes. My friends ordered XL adult and got child sizes. They had proof and it did not help...

Carnival should have been willing to contact the entity responsible for the porters about the missing items thing or offer to get us the contact information. After all it was their customers that needed the help. My biggest complaint was the "You're on your own Skippy" attitude.

Well this thread was certainly an entertaining way to spend a snowy afternoon in the Midwest! .....and to Nimbex1970, I get you and am wondering if you are European - you sound exactly like my father in law - for many cruising is about being a part of the ships community - you see the same people everyday and if you are lucky find new friends along the way - we have kept in touch with people we have met on every cruise.

Happy cruising - thinking about the next one is the only thing that keeps me going through the awful winter here.

Congratulations for coming back after so many people attacked you! Yep, maybe your first post wasn't the best. Yep, your problems might have been a fluke. But everyone should be able to post about their experiences without the troll-hunters dissing them.

Congratulations for coming back after so many people attacked you! Yep, maybe your first post wasn't the best. Yep, your problems might have been a fluke. But everyone should be able to post about their experiences without the troll-hunters dissing them.

Thank you. Maybe the better thing to do is give someone 24 hours before Troll -Hunting.

Phones and doorbells ring, kids demand, nature calls. Stuff happens, and sometimes you have to leave the laptop behind. ;)

Cheers

Thank you. Maybe the better thing to do is give someone 24 hours before Troll -Hunting.

Phones and doorbells ring, kids demand, nature calls. Stuff happens, and sometimes you have to leave the laptop behind. ;)

Cheers

Balcon, we have just returned from a long weekend in Barcelona, so we feel good!

Your comment about what for you gets in the way of posting shows you have a "life" outside the keyboard.

Check some of these troll hunters out, the times they post ie late at night,

never mind the doorbell they dont seem to answer the call of the bedroom for a bit of horizontal rhumba, maybe in there case the keyboard is a form of mental M----------n ( hope I spelt that right) regards from your loyal servant B L Zeebub

Balcon, we have just returned from a long weekend in Barcelona, so we feel good!

Your comment about what for you gets in the way of posting shows you have a "life" outside the keyboard.

Check some of these troll hunters out, the times they post ie late at night,

never mind the doorbell they dont seem to answer the call of the bedroom for a bit of horizontal rhumba, maybe in there case the keyboard is a form of mental M----------n ( hope I spelt that right) regards from your loyal servant B L Zeebub

Don't worry about spelling. Studies show some of the worlds smartest people can't spell, or have too much on their minds to worry about it.

I know some of the scientists and doctors, I have worked for, fall into that catagory.

Glad to hear you had a good time in Spain. I intend to go there one of these days.

And yes, there is life past the keyboard... 3 kids, 1 grandson, 1 dog, 1 bird and 1 granddog. Never a dull moment here.

Best Regards,

Melinda

Archived