What is up w/ CCL web site??

Texaslandshark

:confused: Is it me or is the Carnival web site the most rinky-dink, constantly malfunctioning site that never seems to get better. Examples: Reservation page overlays the itinerary on top of the "days to cruise" deal. Clicking on "upgrade" pops up a page that, in red letters, says there are none available but if you try to book a room ( for well into next year for our cruise) no problem...they are not full. It's all goofy and it's been this way for months.

Always some problem. If it isn't this, it's that. How do they do business?

I haven't had any issues navigating the website, though I've seen better ones (ala RCI, Princess & Celebrity). I've been able to book cruises on-line with no problem at all. Same goes for shorex too.

That said, I've had the very same problem OP is having when it comes to upgrades for an existing reservation. The upgrade link shows the available cabins, but when you select a cabin, you get the error message. I'm not sure, but I suspect it my have something to do with how close the cruise is. I'm going to call a PVP today about it.

BTW - I did try the things suggested on this thread, but still get the same end result (but very much appreciate the info!).

It could be your browser. If you are using Firefox, try Internet Explorer. I use Firefox whenever possible, but if I site gives me issues I switch to Internet Explorer.

Tried that too. Still get the same message. Ran it with and without add ons.

It could be your browser. If you are using Firefox, try Internet Explorer. I use Firefox whenever possible, but if I site gives me issues I switch to Internet Explorer.

Ya know, you're right. For reasons I won't go into, I'm still on Netscape and I really have to uninstall it as I have Explorer as well. Netscape used to be OK but now it's like cancer. When I remember, I use Explorer...usually with no problems. Thanks again to all.

Archived