Mark Morris vs. Peat Taylor River Rafting Review

sqerlygirl

We just returned from the Mariner on Sunday...in Jamaica we did the tour with Mark.

In the past we had toured with Peat Taylor...Mark is VERY nice and knowledgable. I had a few issues with our tour though...the river rafting tour on his site is listed as a 4 1/2 hour tour. After we rafted, he was taking the others on our tour to do the Falls...then he was taking them to Fern Gully etc...

I asked him if we would be staying at the bus while the others climbed and then on to seeing more sites, lunch,shopping.

He said no we would have to pay extra if we wanted to go for the rest of the tour even if we stayed at the bus by the Falls. I questioned him on this since his site clearly states we would have a 4 + hour tour and it was only 1 and 1/2 hours at that point. Still he said no.

When we toured with Peat Taylor, he allowed those on the tour who didn't sign up for the Falls to walk around or stay at the bus then continue on the rest of the tour.

Also, Peat was more of a "jamaican" experience...he sang songs and told stories. Mark is very intellectual but has no Jamaican accent...he sounds like he is a Harvard grad. This is fine too but I think people who are booking the tours will want to know so they can decide the type of experience they want.

The rafting was fabulous!! Dwight was our guide and he was great!!

I jumped of the cliff..only me,my husband and one other guy would do it. Pretty scary especially when you can see the rocks jutting out of the watrer right next to where you jump in...but I am so glad I did it!! Very exilerating to say the least.

We will do the rafting again for sure but we are going back to Peat as our guide...he ROCKS!!

Archived