Rope bridge?

lilseester

I am interested in the "Pirates, Birds, & Monkeys of the Caribbean" excursion but the description says we have to "cross a rope bridge over the pond". I will be travelling with my 75 YO mom and 3.5 YO son (my mom is mobile but struggles a bit). Has anyone seen this bridge? Is it easy to cross? Does it have planks of wood or is it only rope?

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

This note may come too late, but for the information of others, the rope bridge is supported from underneath by steel cables. There are planks on the 'floor' of the rope bridge that you walk upon. For those that are physically challenged, there is a "sissy bridge" nearby, which is usable by all.

The 'pirate cave' is actually a construct, not a natural formation. It has several rooms/chambers wherein one learns a bit of the pirate history of the area. Your guide of the day is usually very knowledgeable, and will gladly answer all questions - remember to tip a bit for good service.

We didn't try the ship's tour of Pirates, monkeys and birds of the caribbean because we did an independant tour with a company called Shoretrips.com and they use a company called South Shore Canopy tours and they had 2 nicely designed swing bridges made of steel cable and lumber. It was very easy and light exercise.

Archived