Problem booking golf excursion - Bermuda

Sidetracker

Hi

We are on NCL Dawn in May going to Bermuda.

My DH plans to play golf two of the three days we are there. One of the courses is the "Mid-Ocean" which is private but NCL offers it as one of the golf excursions.

The problem is that the NCL excursion desk. One time they said try back in a few weeks - it's not posted yet. I tried again - this time they said you might have to book it once you are on board. She then added - try again in Feb. or March. :eek:

I know May is a long time away, but I really want to make sure my DH gets the golf courses he wants.

Has anyone else had this problem?

What do you suggest?

Thanks.

They may not be able to get tee times at Mid ocean...very difficult. I had a golf group of 20 last May and we played at Tuckers Point which is right next to Mid Ocean. 190.00 per round including cart...We were there the week of May 12, and they had just aerated. The course is fantastic! If you call and they have aerated that week, try to get a discount rate. The other great course I have played and recommend is Belmont Hills...Last year it was 109.00. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones were playing in front of us:) . Let me know if you have any other questions......if not, good luck with Mid Ocean!

They may not be able to get tee times at Mid ocean...very difficult. I had a golf group of 20 last May and we played at Tuckers Point which is right next to Mid Ocean. 190.00 per round including cart...We were there the week of May 12, and they had just aerated. The course is fantastic! If you call and they have aerated that week, try to get a discount rate. The other great course I have played and recommend is Belmont Hills...Last year it was 109.00. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones were playing in front of us:) . Let me know if you have any other questions......if not, good luck with Mid Ocean!

We are going the same time this year. Lots of questons :D . How did you book - thru the cruise line? How did you get to the courses? How was the weather? It will be our first time there - want to get it right. Thanks so much for the info.

I booked directly with the clubs due to the amount of peeople we had, plus RCCL Empress does not offer a golf program. At Tuckers you can contact Kevin.his email is KLBenevides@tuckerspoint.com and at Belmont you can contact Brian at bmorris@belmonthills.com. Brian is extremely helpful. I would recommend just getting a taxi to the course...the transfers I arranged were very expensive and we would have been MUCH better off with just flagging a taxi. The weather was fantastic! We had a roug ride into Bermuda, and the last day sailing back was extremely rough (due to a large storm), but while in Bermuda, nothing but sun....probably 75 or so......let me know if you have any other questions!!!

Not sure if this link will work....but this is Tuckers Point... http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=j1midc7.79vkye7z&Uy=-tkwx9v&Ux=0

Archived