Sleep Inn Dania - 12/2007 review

mickey001

Hello all. After booking a room at the Sleep Inn Dania for one night pre-cruise I found several reviews that made me nervous. I just wanted to report that we stayed there last week and I was very pleased with the hotel. Both the public areas and the room were clean, and the staff was very efficient. I really loved the convience of the grocery store, drug store and the resturants that were right there. I will definately stay there again when we cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale next year.

Hello all. After booking a room at the Sleep Inn Dania for one night pre-cruise I found several reviews that made me nervous. I just wanted to report that we stayed there last week and I was very pleased with the hotel. Both the public areas and the room were clean, and the staff was very efficient. I really loved the convience of the grocery store, drug store and the resturants that were right there. I will definately stay there again when we cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale next year.

Thanks for the review. We are staying there in March, and I have read some of those scary reviews. Nice to everything went well.

Thanks for the review. We are staying there in March, and I have read some of those scary reviews. Nice to everything went well.
We have stayed there 4 times precruise and never once had a problem ( unless a small hole in bed spread counts). This is just what we experienced, it's not to say others didn't have issues.

There's a Publix Supermarket with hot foods available for takeout as well as an Italian Restaurant and a Mexican Restaurant. If your not afraid to walk a bit there's a local clam shack called Tarks on Federal Highway with the best fried clams in the south. ;)

Also..the Italian place makes the best burgers ever!

Glad to hear a good report. We were there in April and it was just fine. We'll be there again in March.

Even the best place can have it's problems. I had the most horrible hotel experience of my life at an Embassy Suites. That's a good, fairly reliable chain and wouldn't hesitate to stay at one again.

Hey Mickey,

We are staying ther on 2/10. Are there restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. I know someone metioned a Mexican rest. Any others? Fast food? How was the free shuttle service? Prompt?

Mexican Restaurant across the street is very good !

We stayed one night on Dec. 1st and had the same good experience. It is not a Hilton, but better than a Howard Johnsons. The Mexican Food restaurant across the street was terrific. Great Mojitos. The cost of a cab to a liquor store was $12.50 and that included waiting time. I think the liquor store was too expensive so I would try the Walgreens on Stirling next time.

We stayed one night on Dec. 1st and had the same good experience. It is not a Hilton, but better than a Howard Johnsons. The Mexican Food restaurant across the street was terrific. Great Mojitos. The cost of a cab to a liquor store was $12.50 and that included waiting time. I think the liquor store was too expensive so I would try the Walgreens on Stirling next time.

Can you tell me how far it is from Sleep Inn to the Walgreens on Stirling? Walking distance?

Debr

Can you tell me how far it is from Sleep Inn to the Walgreens on Stirling? Walking distance?

Debr

I would be interested in that answer too!! Can I purchase wine at the Publix?

Thanks

It's an easy 1.5 mile through safe residential neighborhoods if you follow the map I've linked below. On the map point A is the Sleep Inn, point B is the Walgreens that sells liquor. Wine can be purchased at Publix Supermarkets.

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=1500+Se+5th+Ave,+dania,+fl&daddr=26.04564,-80.135393+to:202+S+Federal+Hwy,+Dania+Beach,+FL+33004&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=15&via=1&sll=26.041135,-80.13922&sspn=0.029304,0.039911&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1

Archived