Roll Call: NCL Pride of Hawaii 1/28/08

Danny&Gary

My partner Gary and I are going on the 12-day Hawaiian islands tour that finishes in LA. Gary will be celebrating his big 5-0 while we are in Kauai. We would love to meet other G & L folks who will be on the same cruise.

We are from Dallas. This will be my 12th cruise and Gary's 11th, although only our second "straight" cruise. The last one was Gary's birthday in January of this year, and it was the Princess Grand. They had Friends of Dorothy meetings every day, and we met so many wonderful people.

We are looking forward to seeing everything we can manage to fit in on the islands, and then kicking back on the balcony for the 4 day cruise to Los Angeles.

Hey Guys--

I am doing this cruise in April. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. This is my first cruise ever. I am going with a friend of mine from college. It is her first time also.

Have a great trip. It will be interesting to see if any other guys are on your cruise or mine.

Troy

Troy;

Welcome to the world of cruising (on a ship!) LOL

We love it. It is so cool to unpack once, and everyday you awake in a different city... or sometimes a different country!

Most of our cruising has been on gay cruises. We have done Atlantis once, but it wasn't our style. It is very circuit-party oriented with lots of pretty gym boys who do drugs and party until the not-so-wee hours of the morning. We have done about 10 of the RSVP cruises which we like very much. They have a good mix of age groups, although most fall in the 30-60 range. They also have some women, which some of us actually enjoy. There are parties and dances on board, but it isn't the focus of the entire trip. I will warn you however, that you pay for the privilege of cruising with other gay people. The gay cruises can be up to twice the price you would pay for the same cruise on a non-gay trip. This is because of the parties and entertainment that the charter (RSVP or Atlantis) provides. They are usually name performers and the parties blow anything that you would normally find on a cruise ship out of the water ... pardon the pun!

As I mentioned in my last post, the Hawaiian cruise will be our second straight cruise. You can meet other G & L folks on the ship by posting a roll call to this website for your particular date, and/or by asking the Purser on the ship to announce "Friends of Dorothy" parties. Gay and Lesbian cruisers all know what this means, and we met some really nice people on our last cruise.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. I will be glad to help out however I can.

Danny

Thank you so much for offering your help.

There is so much information out there. Yeah, I am not so sure about the gay cruise thing....i have heard mixed reviews. So I will let my first time be with mostly str8 people---first time cruise that is. You never forget your first time :^).

As questions come up I will hit you back.

Troy

Archived