Is there ANY agency that will pick up at Oahu pier, for post-cruise rental?

AZGrandma

I'm a bit puzzled. Every other port on the island cruise has rental car shuttles meeting the ship at the pier, no problem. But once we exit the ship in Oahu, it appears we can't do the same there! Am I missing something? If the agencies find that it is worth their while to meet cruise pax at other port piers to take them to their rental ofc and rent them a car, why wouldn't they do that in Honolulu when they are guaranteed to have EVERY passenger getting off?!?

Since so many of you talk about renting a car for the day before flying out that evening, how did you do it? Hail a cab? I hate to pay that on top of car rental fee. I am really puzzled by the lack of shuttles at this one port.

hmmmm.

Leslie

We're doing a rental in Oahu through Roberts (gorabbitgo.com) don't know who they actually do the booking with but it is for a pier pickup. Although I'm guessing that probably means they'll shuttle us (fine by me)

We rented a car from Thrifty and they pick up at the pier. When you make your reservation online, make sure you select cruise ship pick up. Also when we were waiting, Hertz was also picking up people.

A word of caution with Thrifty - keep your fuel receipts!

We rented through Alamo the last day and they have shuttles to their Wakkiki site but not to airport (or at least not the day we were there.) We used VIP Shuttle right across from terminal... $5 pp to airport rental location... very easy.

I reserved with Thrifty, confirmed that they do send a shuttle around to the cruise ship pier regularly and that we return the car directly to the airport before our flight. It was $40 for a midsize car that I hope all 5 of us can squeeze into. :o

All is well! Thanks,

Leslie

Yes, thanks Hawaiilvr - I remember your other cautionary posts about Thrifty. So, DID you ever get them to drop those horrendous gas charges?

Leslie

Yes.

They will pick you up and take you to their location near the airport. Our shuttle driver was a hoot - love his Rainbow Warriors football! I now know all about June Jones. When you are done and ready to head for the airport, they will shuttle you to the airport.

When you drive back to their location, it is very small and easy to miss. The easiest way to remember is that it is right by the giant Alamo location.

Remember to join the blue chip program. It will save you much time when you pick up your car.

Archived