Not potty trained = no pool?

ava_aimee

I have a dd who is will have just turned 2 when we cruise the RCI Navigator in feb. I have read that they dont allow swim diapers? I read that some ships have separate toddler pool areas....does the navigator?? I didnt see it on the deck plans. I guess I understand why, but it is really dissappointing. She loves to swim!

No one in diapers......infant, toddler, child, adult, senior.......are allowed in the pools in ANY type of diaper (swim diapers included). On the Freedom, Liberty and Independence of the Seas.....there is a small separate area of the H2O zone that allows those in swim diapers and the non-potty trained. Cruisinmama06 has posted pics of that small area before. And on the 2 Disney ships there is a small area for the diapered ones to splash in. The reason that swim diapers are not allowed is that most cruise ship pools are not chlorinated - they use filtered sea water.

A suggestion given on these boards is to bring a SMALL inflatable pool that you can fill with a bucket or two of water for your little one to play in.

thankgod you asked here and not on the main boards, i did and got shot down very quickly by some haha. i to am disapointed as grandma was mainly looking forward to taking my 2 yr old for a swim. i understand tho but looks like we will just have to wait until in port to swim.

No, sorry no swim diapers on Navigator. Navigator is a "Voyager" class ship. Only "Freedom" class ships have "The Baby Zone" (an infant/toddler splash area for non-potty trained kids)

So bring the inflatable. There will be room on the pool deck and bring a small bucket to put a little bit of water in it.

Archived