Favorite food at Chops

Conanc

Hi,

We've eaten at Portofino on several occasions, but never in Chops. We'd like to try it out on our January cruise on the Brilliance. I was just wondering what your favorite food items at Chops are.

Thanks!

Nancy

we just got back12/09/07 from our jewel cruise my wife and i went to chops to celebrate my birthday 12/04...she had petite filet mignon it must have been two and a half inches thick...soft as butter....i had the ny strip hugh portion just as good....sides are served family style...p.s you've got to try the mushrooms

Ditto on the petite filet mignon. I asked for bearnaise sauce and it was very good. I really, really thought their beefsteak tomato with the bleu cheese was wonderful!

Enjoy your dinner at Chops. And have a wonderful cruise aboard the Brilliance.

Annieeee

we just got back12/09/07 from our jewel cruise my wife and i went to chops to celebrate my birthday 12/04...she had petite filet mignon it must have been two and a half inches thick...soft as butter....i had the ny strip hugh portion just as good....sides are served family style...p.s you've got to try the mushrooms
were they "wild" regards

The filet is excellent. I tried the NY Strip in September and was disappointed ... nothing special. None of the sides were outstanding enough to recommend (IMO), but they were all good.

Do get the mudpie if you can! We dined there on the 6th night once and they were SOLD OUT! :eek: That tells you how good it is.

We got back on the 9th of December from the Mariner and loved Chops.

We both had the petite filet and loved it. It was the best steak we have ever had and so tender. The baked potatoe was huge. Take thier suggestion and split it if you both want it.

My huband had the mushroom and aspargus appetizer which came looking so pretty we took a picture of it. He siad the mushroom was sooo good.

All of the meal was great but the dessert was really good. We also took pictures of that. My husband got the mud pie and I got the cappochino cheescake. Mine was good but his mud pie was the best dessert I have ever tasted. We were so full when we left and the food was so good I wish we could have eaten there again. It is well worth the extra $.

Next cruise I will plan on going there twice in the week.

hope you have a great cruise. This was our first and not our last, we had such a great time.

I have to go along with most of the previous posters. The filet and the mud pie are outstanding....we went twice. The mushrooms are also very good.

We will also be on the Brilliance on the 1/21 sailing to the PC. Can't wait. We did this same trip last year and loved it so much we are going again....have a fantastic trip.

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to try Chops! Mudpie for dessert is a definite! How do the "sides" work? Do you choose a certain number of them and they bring them out family style -- even for two people?

liltom45 -- Hope you have a great cruise! We'll keep the ship in shape for you! :)

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to try Chops! Mudpie for dessert is a definite! How do the "sides" work? Do you choose a certain number of them and they bring them out family style -- even for two people?

liltom45 -- Hope you have a great cruise! We'll keep the ship in shape for you! :)

The crab cakes are the best i ever tasted. The first time we ate there i got it as an appetizer which is how it is listed on the menu. The second time i asked for it as a main course with 3 cakes and could only eat 2! They are big and so are the side dishes. You can order as many sides as you want. My husband had an appetizer AND a soup AND a salad before the entree:eek: Very well worth the surcharge. P.S. I ordered the T-Bone steak which they had not gotten in so they brought me both a filet and a ny strip! Needless to say they was much leftover. Mushrooms, potatoes were good, asparagus was undercooked. Did not have room for dessert so missed the mudpie. Enjoy:)

The mushrooms are NOT wild, they are plain white buttons. But delicious, none-the-less! I agree on the lobster bisque. Yum! The asparagus was perfectly steamed, and slightly crisp. (That mushy crap you get in cans would make a real chef commit suicide!) The mud-pie is to die for. If you don't have room after dinner, tell your waiter, and they wil bring one, plated and covered to take back to you room! Along with a fork and a napkin, of course. :D Pop it in the fridge and eat it later. On the balcony. Heaven!

... Mushrooms, potatoes were good, asparagus was undercooked. Did not have room for dessert so missed the mudpie. Enjoy:)

Just like Steak....different people like their asparagus cooked differently. For me, just having it warm is perfect.....if there is no crunch, this girl doesn't munch ;)

The mud pie was the best thing there! I thought the Lobster bisque tasted like Campbells tomato soup with a little lobster added in. The rest of the side dishes were mediocre. The steaks were good, but I would not say excellent. I much preferred Portofino's.

Archived