Arawak Cay

StellaBella

My husband and I are coming back for our second time to Nassau in January on the Celebration, so we have all day in port. I've been researching things for us to do. Can you please tell me about the Arawak Cay? Is it easy to get to? Is it worth going to?

To get to Arawak Cay / Heritage Village / Fish Fry, take the #10 bus from downtown heading towards Cable Beach, or take a cab if you're not that adventurous. If the weather is good and you're in shape, you could walk if you wanted, I never have. 15 or 20 local eateries in a half working class / half touristy setting that just seems to fit. I love the conch salad, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Goldie's Sky Juice (Gin & Coconut water) is a unique treat as well, especially to counter the severe burns from the conch salad.

There are plenty of other options there for local tastes, but if you're a meat & potatoes diner, stay away.

To get to Arawak Cay / Heritage Village / Fish Fry, take the #10 bus from downtown heading towards Cable Beach, or take a cab if you're not that adventurous. If the weather is good and you're in shape, you could walk if you wanted, I never have. 15 or 20 local eateries in a half working class / half touristy setting that just seems to fit. I love the conch salad, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Goldie's Sky Juice (Gin & Coconut water) is a unique treat as well, especially to counter the severe burns from the conch salad.

There are plenty of other options there for local tastes, but if you're a meat & potatoes diner, stay away.

Thanks for the info Snorkel2Much, we're going to check it out!!

I second the conch salad, and the sky juice certainly is unique.

I like to pair the salad with a nice cold Kalik Gold, and also am a fan of conch fritters. Goldies and Twin Brothers both have good salad and fritters, and althought you can get a burger there, they did not look particularly appetizing.. :p

I second the conch salad, and the sky juice certainly is unique.

I like to pair the salad with a nice cold Kalik Gold, and also am a fan of conch fritters. Goldies and Twin Brothers both have good salad and fritters, and althought you can get a burger there, they did not look particularly appetizing.. :p

I've always found "unique" to be the appropriate adjective to use when describing Sky Juice, although it somehow does manage to neutralize the conch salad burn better than beer. "Acquired Taste" seems so over-used. ;)

I've always found "unique" to be the appropriate adjective to use when describing Sky Juice, although it somehow does manage to neutralize the conch salad burn better than beer. "Acquired Taste" seems so over-used. ;)

Embrace the buuurrrrrrrrnnnnn!! I have to admit to being a hot food endorphin junky!! :D Thus the higher alcohol content "Gold" which initially cools and then intensifies the heat.. :p

Archived