Disembarkation ?

I used to think that it was your flight time; maybe this is still true. You are asked for this information.

When we have had an early flight we were the first group off the ship. Late flights and when we have stayed a day post cruise we were the last group off.:cool:

This is the part of the cruise we do not like - waiting in the lounges.

if you are able, do self assist- this is when you carry your own luggage off the ship, through customs, and out the door. They usually get to go first. Keeps you from over packing too!!! We don't do it any other way!

btw - on our first cruise we didn't, we sat in a lounge for over an hour.....the kids slept, boring!!!

I’m not sure how they figure it all out. If you tell them you have early flight you can get an early tag color. I’ve had an early tag color and a late….

I get to antsy…when it is time to go, lets go and get it over with.

It does go by self-disembark, early flight times and then the other colors seem to be assigned randomly by decks. (I say that because I've seen both the higher decks get earlier colors and lower decks get earlier colors.) C & A status is thrown into the mix as well.

This past September, we drove to Port Canaveral. When we filled out the disembarkation questions on the TV, I told them we had to leave at 7:30 a.m. because we had an 18 hour drive in front of us. We were given the early luggage tags and were out of the door by 7:15 a.m.

When we have had an early flight we were the first group off the ship. Late flights and when we have stayed a day post cruise we were the last group off.:cool:

I don't know if that's still true. We just sailed with my parents. We had noon flight but my parents were renting a car and staying in FL. They got an earlier tag than we did. Let me tell you, I was sooooooo nervous about making that flight.

We just got off the Navigator. They gave us "Gray" (from 9:00 - 9:30), and we had a 10:50 flight. I asked at the pursers desk for earlier tags, and they said suggested taking our own bags off or getting the first tags ("White"). We did, and were off at 8:30.

BTW - the first time I asked at the pursers, they told me I needed to show proof of flight for immigration purposes. This was baloney, because when I went down with it, they were giving tags out right and left with no questions. I was a little ticked because I had to stand in line twice!

It's been my experience that they do a pretty good job of assigning colour tags by travel plans.

We live in the area, so are often assigned "last off the ship" coloured luggage tags because we don't have to catch a flight.

On our Celebrity cruise in the spring we were driving but HAD to be home by noon (2.5 hour drive) because of a meeting DH had to attend. The flat out refused to change our tag colour, and then got the last colour called. Guest Relations were real jerks about it.

Our experience really is that you either need to be prepared to do self-disembarkation if you have an early flight. You may be lucky and get a good colour, or you may not.

BTW --- on our X cruise were went through Port Everglades, where they did not allow self-disembarkation. Don't know if that was a Celebrity rule or a port authority rule.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived