Carnival not doing Cave Tubing?

Cammie

Okay, we've probably waited a little late to start figuring out shore excursions. :) However, looking on Carnival's website for our cruise, it doesn't appear they are offering cave tubing anymore. I've been to Belize on the Glory and we booked the cave tubing through Carnival then. Are they not offering it anymore? What are some good (safe and reliable) companies offering cave tubing?

Just back last Sunday from West Caribbean cruise on Carnival Legend.

Do not book with anyone other than Yhonney and Cave-tubing.___

Our guides were JIMMY, ELVIN, RASTAMAN, and NEWGUY.

It was a blast from start to finish. Air conditioned bus, hilarious commentary, cashew wine, and beautiful scenery. We wouldn't have missed it for anything. You don't pay until it's over and you are satisfied!

You won't be sorry.

There are supposed to be 79 independent cave tubing tour providers in Belize, and 97% are said to be reliable: so the odds of your have a pretty good experience among wonderful people that you can return home to gush about are pretty high. I would search elsewhere on the Internet for names, as Cruise Critic is an interested party and you will be channeled.

One other thing to consider is the TIME IN PORT, as your cruiseline may NOT be planning a long enough day in Belize to allow them to offer a cave-tubing shore excursion. Make sure you check the ship's schedule before you book your shore excursion, as no company, not even Major Tom's Magical Adventure Tours, is going to be able to move the caves closer to Belize City to accommodate a short port call. Tender, bus, hike, tube, bus, tender: think about it. :rolleyes:

Okay, we've probably waited a little late to start figuring out shore excursions. :) However, looking on Carnival's website for our cruise, it doesn't appear they are offering cave tubing anymore. I've been to Belize on the Glory and we booked the cave tubing through Carnival then. Are they not offering it anymore? What are some good (safe and reliable) companies offering cave tubing?

We're sailing Valor on 2/17, and there's an excursion titled "Cave Tubing and Rainforest Exploration" on our sailing. It says 7 hours for the tour, including lunch. (We're going with Major Tom instead.)

Hi, we used Nacho and Cynthia for cave tubing and aerial trek and it was our best excursion ever! They are very sensitive to getting you back to the port in time - we had at least an hour to shop before getting on the tender. They have a brand new mini-van that can go further into the resort than the larger tour buses, so your walk for cave tubing is much shorter (15 or 20 min). We also were able to change out of our wet clothes, and eat a nice meal of traditional Belize food in the Jaguar Paw resort. Their company is called NCQ Adventures.

We were in Belize last week and did the cave tubing with Major Tom. Contrary to what other posters have stated Major Tom is only doing one cave not two according to his Son. There was a lot of delays and indecision in getting people from the meeting area to the transport vehicles. As a result the folks that had paid for lunch had to eat it in the van on the way back to the ship as time was short. The actual tubing was fun and safe.

Our ship is there from 8-5 and it says cave tubing is 4.5 hours. Is it really worth it? Not to sound like too much of a partier but is there even a place to get a nice drink before or after? I saw someone mentioned wine! I would like to cave tube and then have some fun, lunch and get back on board!:cool:

We just got back from a cruise (Carnival Miracle) through Central America, Belize being one of the ports. Prior to booking an excursion, we checked messages and recommendations on Cruise Critic. After reading several postings, we decided to email Major Tom. He responded in less then 24 hours with directions, prices and payment options. It is recommended that you take an earlier tender to allow time for lunch and shopping. You can request an early departure with the cruise line, even if you are taking a private tour. Print out your email to confirm a private tour, just in case.

We took one of the earlier tenders from the ship and as soon as we walked onto the pier, Major Tom was standing there holding a sign with our name on it. We waited for about 20 minutes for the others who had inquired, to arrive. There are plenty of shops on the pier to do a little shopping while waiting. After the 20 minutes, still nobody was there. Major Tom, at that point, decided to start the tour and have other employees wait at the pier in case the others eventually showed. This was nice for many reasons...you receive prompt service if you are there early and if you are late, there will still be someone waiting for you at the pier. On our way to the van, we stopped to take a picture with a local Belizean, but realized we didn't have any small bills on us. Major Tom gladly offered to pay for the picture and handed the man money. Extremely nice gesture and greatly appreciated!

After a 45 minute drive, we got to our destination. We changed, picked up our tubes and gear and started down the trail. It is about a 45 minute walk through the rain forest to the mouth of the cave. Absolutely amazing!!! Major Tom is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to the rain forest and can answer any question you may have. I do recommend bringing bug spray!

Now on to cave tubing!! Floating through the caves and rain forest was spectacular....breath- taking!! . This excursion is serene...calming, peaceful, and tranquil. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone! Major Tom gave a great tour with many personal touches. We spent more then an hour on the river floating and exploring the cave and rainforest. I can't say enough about how great this tour was, along with Major Tom. He is, by far, the best tour guide we have ever had!!

On our way back to the cruise ship, we stopped for lunch at Pearl's. Major tom raved about the food at this local restaurant and we couldn't wait to try it. Not only was the food spectacular, but it was nice to give to the local people and experience their culture. Try the bread pudding!!! What we could not finish, we wrapped up to take with us. After lunch, we went back to the pier in time to do plenty of shopping.

Once again, let me explain how happy we were with Major Tom and his Fun Team! I recommend them to anyone looking to do the cave-tubing in Belize.

Sheila and I will be meeting Major Tom ourselves early in 2008, and we have been enjoying corresponding with him for several months now. I hope you got a few pictures of HIM, as he is certainly one of the legendary figures of Belize!

Did the "late arrivals" catch up with your party at any point? It is fortunate that the tour could be separated into discrete parties if necessary--certainly no one would want to miss the experience!

How was the weather--and the water? :eek:

Archived