Cruising in Late October or November

nrunnion

My family and I have a cruise for Halloween leaving on October 31. We are doing the eastern Carib. I would like some response on how the weather is in St. Thomas and St. Maarten that time of year. Was it warm? Did it rain a lot? Etc. We don't know what to expect so we can pick the best excursions for that time of year. Thanks.

NR

Only time we cruised in November we hit Hurricane Michelle. Which just goes to show that you never know when these nasty little buggers will show their ugly faces. Usually it is nice, but with the sea you just never know what to expect, so predicting is almost impossible.

BTW-Michelle was a nasty nasty storm, we had waves hitting deck 11 & 12 of the Millennium. ARG!

But, on a good note, after 36 hours it cleared or we sailed out of it and the weather was great after that. So, there was a good ending to the cruise.

We sailed last October 30th and we had great weather. Some scattered storms on St. Marteen, and lot's of rain when we returned to San Juan, but other than that it was beautiful. St. Lucia, St. Thomas, Antigua, all great days. Have fun!

I hope that the port is open by October 31. Do you go out of Canaveral?

We're sailing out of Miami on the Explorer. Are you dressing up? We're definintely going to dress up but just can't seem to decide on the costume. I found a his and hers geeky tourist get up that I love but DH isn't crazy about. I think he's worried that people might not realize it's a costume! :p

Archived