Just Back from Cayman, Amazing!! (12/13/07)

weezers79

We just returned from our Carnival Cruise to Grand Cayman/Calica. It was an amazing trip. I have some pictures of both of these places if you're interested on my webshots and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask while it's all still fresh! :D Amazing ports though, truly beautiful. http://community.webshots.com/user/weezers79 Let me know if you have any questions!

We are going to the Caymans in February. We have an early excursion to swim with the sting rays. After that we are undecided we thought we would play it by ear. I noticed you wnet to Margarittaville how far is that from the tender area. I saw your husband had a Packer hat we are from Wisconsin and love our Packers.

We only had a short time in Grand Cayman so we decided not to do any excursions there and just see what we could see on our own. We got off the boat and Margaritaville was right across the street, couldnt miss it. We got in a van with some other couples and they took us to the Royal Palms, which was the first hotel on the beach, for only $4 each. It was a great place to start at and then we walked a ways down the beach but realized, Royal Palms was the nicest we'd seen so headed back there. We went back down town and went and tasted some of the rum cakes(samples are placed out) and went and had a margarita($12 each!!!) and looked at some of the shops. If you want jewelry, perfume or crystal, this is the place because that is basically what all the shops are, that and souveniers but mostly that stuff. It was a great port, pretty, nice beach but i prefered Calica, Mexico but I'm sure every one likes different things. And yes, my husband is a huge Packers fan! Has been for many years, GO PACK!! =P

• 3 weeks later...
We only had a short time in Grand Cayman so we decided not to do any excursions there and just see what we could see on our own. We got off the boat and Margaritaville was right across the street, couldnt miss it. We got in a van with some other couples and they took us to the Royal Palms, which was the first hotel on the beach, for only $4 each. It was a great place to start at and then we walked a ways down the beach but realized, Royal Palms was the nicest we'd seen so headed back there. We went back down town and went and tasted some of the rum cakes(samples are placed out) and went and had a margarita($12 each!!!) and looked at some of the shops. If you want jewelry, perfume or crystal, this is the place because that is basically what all the shops are, that and souveniers but mostly that stuff. It was a great port, pretty, nice beach but i prefered Calica, Mexico but I'm sure every one likes different things. And yes, my husband is a huge Packers fan! Has been for many years, GO PACK!! =P

Great pics! looks like you guys had a fun time...congrats on the renewal!!!

Myself, my husband & 3 young children are cruising in a couple weeks & I have been looking into Royal Palms. Sounds beautiful & like a really good deal! Would you say it is pretty kid friendly? Is it a 'party spot'? Were there any water activities? Is it far from the ship?

Thanx Weezer!

txmomto1, There is no fee to use the beach at Royal Palms this includes showers, changing rooms and bathrooms. They charge $5 for chairs. All of this info is available on their website along with their menu. I haven't eaten there yet but my daughter has and she enjoyed it so much that she is getting married there this summer. I hope this helps.

We just returned from our Carnival Cruise to Grand Cayman/Calica. It was an amazing trip. I have some pictures of both of these places if you're interested on my webshots and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask while it's all still fresh! :D Amazing ports though, truly beautiful. http://community.webshots.com/user/weezers79 Let me know if you have any questions!

We are going on the inspiration next December. What beach were at in Grand Cayman and did you have a stay and cruise package at your hotel before the cruise? if so may I ask how much it was? Thanks!!

great pictures - we are going to be in Grand Cayman on valentines day and we were thinking of royal palms - now you pictures have made it our choice - did you just find taxis outside the cruise terminal??

and could you find a taxi for the ride back or did you make arrangements for pick up??

Thanks

Archived