Yankee Trader vs Yankee Clipper

Tfish

Anyone have experience with these two hotels...is one better than the other.....I'm booking with points and my cost will be the same regardless.

Which would you recommend for a pre-cruise stay?

Thanks

Fish

I have stayed at both : I like the yankee clipper for the fact that it is right on the beach and to be honest I felt more comfortable there.The staff are very nice.

The yankee trader is fine also, but I just didn't feel as welcome there and had a problem with my room that was corrected in a way that I found to be petty. My safe did not work which I needed, so after a bit of a disscusion I was moved to a room next to the elevator and with a huge white tent blocking any view out the window. Needless to say I did not get much sleep.

Hope this helps

reader

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Trader one night, pre-cruise, on 12/23.

We won the bid on Priceline for $99.00 + tax back in August.

We could not have been more pleased with the accommodations, especially with some of the poor reviews. We were given an upgraded corner room on the 6th floor in the main building. The room overlooked the pool and the beach. Apparently, the room had been recently refurbished. The curtains, drapes & uphlostery, as well as the bathroom, seemed fairly new & redone. The bedding was extremely comfortable.

After a long day of traveling, we did not want to walk or take transportation to find a place to eat. Dinner at Don Shula's, the on-site restaurant was a good choice for us. Although a bit pricey, the food was good, and we had a nice table outside with a view of the boulevard and the beach. They also make a great Bloody Mary. ;)

We would recommend this hotel for short stays. The Sun Trolley stops right in front of the hotel.

Archived