spancish language/mexican money

larterpc

We are taking the Norwegian Star to the Mexican Riviera on December 18. In the Ports of Call will there be any problem with the locals understanding English. Also, will we need to get Mexican money for purchases (including perhapsTaxi faire) or will American money suffice. Will the taxi driviers in Cabo, Acapulco etc. understand English?

Thanks.

We are taking the Norwegian Star to the Mexican Riviera on December 18. In the Ports of Call will there be any problem with the locals understanding English. Also, will we need to get Mexican money for purchases (including perhapsTaxi faire) or will American money suffice. Will the taxi driviers in Cabo, Acapulco etc. understand English?

Thanks.

If that port is anything like Cozumel, there will be plenty of people around who speak English, including cab drivers. :)

I believe that American dollars will suffice for making purchases.

In Cabo, we took a boat tour of Los Arcos. We arranged this ourselves at the dock, and I am sure it was a lot less cost for the same tour. We had about six people in a small motor boat.

The agent who guided us to the boat spoke english, but the boat operator spoke not a word of it. I know a little spanish so I ended up translating for everyone, and we had no trouble at all communicating. Some people made arrangements to get off at Lover's beach, others (like us) wanted off at Medano across the bay. We made appointments for a pick up time, and the guy was promptly there as planned.

So, no, english/spanish will not be a barrier. Someone will always be there to assist with the language, and gestures can fill in the gaps.

Archived