Is $250 enough.........?

One thing she does like to do is to be WAY under "budget" she loves to impress me on how well she saves money. :D

That's great. See.......you know her best. I have found with my kids that the little things we instilled with them in their young years have carried through to the teenage years and for my oldest, into her married life.

I have read threads on CC where parents have received the seapass bill at the end of the cruise and about passed out by what their kids charged without their knowledge.........glad I don't have to worry about that happening! But it does happen.

You might want to show her how much the internet costs. It is very slow and it doesn't take long to run up quite a bill.

I have already let her know, even though she is using her own money.. internet is OFF LIMITS! Cruise Lines internet is ridiculous, esp. if all she is wanting to do is go on myspace and facebook. :eek:

I have already let her know, even though she is using her own money.. internet is OFF LIMITS! Cruise Lines internet is ridiculous, esp. if all she is wanting to do is go on myspace and facebook. :eek:

Another cruise line rip off is the arcade! RCCL charges like $2-3 per game!:mad:

We also dont cut corners when we cruise. (damage at the end has never been anywhere near upsetting! So, they enjoy their cruise like we enjoy ours as adults!!) They are good kids so they deserve it!

Anything more than Johnny Rockets (every cruise they both went there nightly with their CC buddies) they ask.....DD might have Ben & Jerry's, but they would never make purchases more than that. (& a Foo foo drink here and there)

To answer the Op..is $250 enough? Only you know your DD ;-)

Enjoy your cruise I am sure it will be AMAZING!!

Definitely slow. We only use it to touch base with kids when we leave them back home. When it's real slow and we've complained to guest relations they've credited our account for the minutes.

That seems high but to each their own. When our family of four went on a four night cruise our total sea pass charges WITH tips for all four of us was just over $300.00. What we did with our kids was before we left for vacation we gave them each a set amount of money (around $50 that they had earned from chores and a little extra for vacation) and that was all they got the entire vacation/cruise. If they spent it, it was gone. This taught them to budget and really think about what they wanted. We spent two nights at a Disney resort, did the four night cruise and then one night at a beach hotel in Cocoa Beach. My kids each bought something of good quality at each place and have the memories from each place too! And I didn't have to hear the whole trip, can I have this, can I have that? Like I said, it is up to you but $250 sounds like way more than she should need, that is just over $30 per day.

Archived