resorts for a day in GC?

BIGScott

I would appreciate any tips on which resort my family can spend the day at while in GC. I would prefer someplace not too far from the port, and which would be kid (teenager) friendly.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!!

peace

• 2 weeks later...

I would NOT recommend the Hyatt. I went there in Feb '07 with my 2 kids for a little R&R and a nice pool while DH went SCUBA diving. Long story - but first of all, they only accept cash for the day pass. I don't carry large sums of cash with me in port and had already spent most of it on a quick tour of the island, with stops in Hell and the turtle farm. I didn't have my ATM card with me either. They basically looked at me like, "too bad, lady." I was really angry because I had emailed the resort in advance, confirmed they sell day passes and made arrangements for my husband to meet us there after his dive. Leaving wasn't an option. Nothing in the email told me I had to pay in cash. After raising a big stink, they eventually took my credit card, and gave me quite a bit of attitude. All of this took close to 1 hour as my kids sat in the lobby practically in tears.

It really set me off and put me in a bad mood. The pool was nice, but they were doing an intro to SCUBA class in the pool, so the kids had to stay out of there way. As soon as DH showed up, we left.

So, if you decide on the Hyatt - bring cash. Lots of it. I find it hard to believe that a major hotel chain like Hyatt won't accept credit cards from day pass guests. It seemed like it was a scam and the employees were pocketing the $$ so it wouldn't show up on the books at corporate.

About a mile out of George Town.

It's not strictly a resort but you have a bar with good food, small swimming pool and a great dive-snorkelling site.

Or go up Seven-Mile-Beach to the public beach area where Calico Jack's and the Sea Grape are.

The problem with places like the Hyatt, and most of the 'resorts' here, is they don't want cruise shippers.

Cayman John - we are going to be there in Valentines day - and were thinking either Sea Grape or Royal Palms - there are six of us - and two 11 year olds - any imput on where to go ?? Do we just grab a cab and ask to be dropped off and do you just set up a pick up time?? and the last questions we always try to do a little shopping before heading back to the ship - is it by the pier?? Thanks for you help and can't wait to visit the island!!

Archived