Why not bid on e-bay clothes from Canada?

zcat

I saw two items that I want to bid on and they are both in Canada. I noticed that no one from U.S. bid on them. So I looked at other things and saw that same pattern. Is there a reason why no one bids? Made me stop and question if I should. Can you help me? Judy

Judy:

I have bought many items from Canada on Ebay. The shipping price may be a bit higher but sometimes the deals can be better. IE I have bought some fur coats in Canada and you would never be able to beat the price here in the states. Also, the seller can add a few dollars for the trouble of going to the P.O. Just my opinion.

Claudia

I buy from Lazyladybug (ebay ID), who is in Canada, all the time. I pay about $8.00 for shipping suits. I get them in 3-7 days. I think I've bought 6 suits from her. I think it is just coincidence that no one from the US has bid on the item.

Natalie

i know for me when i type in something i'm interested in, i have to keep winnowing down and winnowing down until i get a manageable list to work through. often times, i'll select "items in the US" button because it weeds out stuff from australia and great britain; that would also weed out canadian, so i probably do miss out on some cool opportunities. if there were an option to narrow it to just north america, i would choose that on ebay.

It does also take a lot more time for the mail deliveries from Canada to here (depending I guess on where in canada you are buying from). My daughers MIL lives in buffalo, and she says it often takes 2 weeks of mail delivery time, for what she could drive over in about 1/2 hour. go figure

If you have the time to wait.....bid :)

Debbie

Archived