Kudos to the Conquest

travlinfamily

We just returned from the 12/9/07 sailing of the Conquest which, as many of you know, had some unfortunate run-ins with Mother Nature this week. Before all the grumblers start venting I just wanted to say that I thought the staff and crew did an AWESOME JOB in handling all that occurred. They did their best to get us on board the ship as quickly as they could when the prior sailing of the Conquest returned late. Once on board the fun started, even though we weren't able to leave Galveston until Monday due to fog. We received shipboard credits for the inconvenience of buying our own lunch in Galveston before we could get on board ($15 pp), and for missing one of our ports of call, Jamaica ($75 pp). Then, when Tropical Storm Olga developed, they adjusted the ports of call so that we wouldn't be heading straight into the storm, and we still got 2 ports of call in before the rain and winds from that storm reached us. Then on debarkation day we had high winds that closed the port of Galveston and they did their best again to get us in as soon as they could.

Overall, it was a great trip! Yes, their were disappointments, but none were caused by Carnival and you can't do anything about Mother Nature. So KUDOS to the Carnival Conquest and I can't wait to sail with you again!!

Glad you still had a good time!!

Yes, it is pain when Mother Nature acts up....but what are you going to do??

When she throws lemons at you, find someone she threw vodka at and have a party!!!

I was on that cruise also and I totally agree with you! The Carnival staff was wonderful and did their very best to make things right for all of the passengers. I still had a great time on the cruise and am ready to go again! I think the ones that were complaining would have complained if things went as they were supposed to! Yea, Conquest staff and crew!!!:) :)

We just returned from the 12/9/07 sailing of the Conquest which, as many of you know, had some unfortunate run-ins with Mother Nature this week. Before all the grumblers start venting I just wanted to say that I thought the staff and crew did an AWESOME JOB in handling all that occurred. They did their best to get us on board the ship as quickly as they could when the prior sailing of the Conquest returned late. Once on board the fun started, even though we weren't able to leave Galveston until Monday due to fog. We received shipboard credits for the inconvenience of buying our own lunch in Galveston before we could get on board ($15 pp), and for missing one of our ports of call, Jamaica ($75 pp). Then, when Tropical Storm Olga developed, they adjusted the ports of call so that we wouldn't be heading straight into the storm, and we still got 2 ports of call in before the rain and winds from that storm reached us. Then on debarkation day we had high winds that closed the port of Galveston and they did their best again to get us in as soon as they could.

Overall, it was a great trip! Yes, their were disappointments, but none were caused by Carnival and you can't do anything about Mother Nature. So KUDOS to the Carnival Conquest and I can't wait to sail with you again!!

I was just wondering if they let you get on and off the ship when they realized you wouldnt be leaving untill the next day? Or did they make everyone stay on board in case the fog lifted and they could leave in a hurry? Just curious!

Yes the staff and crew did an amazing job, especially Mark Price! I saw him getting flack from complainers for the first few days and he was so nice and patient.

We still had a fantastic vacation, we used that ship board credit on buying more pictures than I had planned and lots of foo foo drinks by the pool!

Thanks to those of you who posted (which I noticed some of you were new posters!) Thank you! I thought of you all week - and read with interest the threads of those watching the webcams while the ship waited to leave. I am so glad you came back with "lemons made from lemonade" stories. That is such a wonderful attitude!

Archived