Need a place to park the car...

Johnsonclan

We will be driving in from Phoenix a couple days pre-departure and need a place to park our car for a week. Ideally not too far from the cruise terminal. I had considered the airport, but it's a bit farther away than I would like.

Thanks for your help...

We will be driving in from Phoenix a couple days pre-departure and need a place to park our car for a week. Ideally not too far from the cruise terminal. I had considered the airport, but it's a bit farther away than I would like.

Thanks for your help...

You've got to let us know which cruise terminal you're talking about...

Los Angeles? Long Beach? San Diego? San Francisco? Seattle? Vancouver?

This is the "West Coast" board and it could be any of them...

Also, you say you're coming in a couple of days early...Won't you need your car to be wherever you are those days? Where are you staying?

Ah yes, the little details in life will almost always sink ya if your not paying attention.

We are leaving January 20th on the Dawn Princess out of San Diego. We plan on driving over from Phoenix the morning of the 18th. Yes, we will use the car prior to boarding the Dawn on Sunday.

Thanks again for your help...

Where are you staying? Many hotels offer free or cheap parking in a Stay/Park/Cruise package. This includes the Holiday Inn on the Bay and the Seven Seas (in Mission Valley) as well as several others. For most hotels you need to call (instead of booking on-line) to find out if they offer this.

There is also close-by long-term airport parking (off-site, not at the airport), but I don't think any of these offer in & out use so you would need to use your hotel parking during the time you still need to use your car. Most provide shuttles:

http://www.portofsandiego.org/sandiego_maritime/cruise/parking.asp

I have recently been using the Mission Brewing Company Parking (with coupon for $6.75/day) when I fly, which is not included on the list above, but which you can find here:

http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpmissionsan2.htm

If you go to Google and just type in San Diego Park & Cruise there is a lot of info including hotels that offer free or reduced price parking with free shuttle service. One list I thought was pretty inclusive was this one www.sandiego.org/article/Visitors

Although since I am not sure if it is okay to put a link in here I don't know if it will be removed later! Sorry if I broke the rules!:o

Mike

Ah yes, the little details in life will almost always sink ya if your not paying attention.

We are leaving January 20th on the Dawn Princess out of San Diego. We plan on driving over from Phoenix the morning of the 18th. Yes, we will use the car prior to boarding the Dawn on Sunday.

Thanks again for your help...

Here is a picture of the cruise terminal parking lot closest to the Dawn.

1197795703373442.jpg

Best bet is the Seven Seas on hotel circle- I have stayed there many times and will be there again this saturday before boarding the Dawn as well. The room is $99 for the night, plus tax and that includes free parking for the week and free shuttle. I have yet to see a deal that is better, plus I like the location of the 7 seas.

Archived