Is my flight too early?

umpalumpa14588

We have a 12:15pm flight out of Orlando. Will that be alright? I would assume we were ok, but I wanted to check anyway. Thanks!:confused:

As long as you do the self debark you should be fine. In April 07, I booked a flight as early as 11:55a and that was more than enough time because we were off the boat by 830a no later than 845a. The carnival reps will also advise you not to book a flight prior to 1130a, but other than that you should be fine.:)

It's fine IF your ship on your week does not have any one of the several reasons the ship could come back in late the last day. Things do happen while at sea beyond their control that could cause them to be late up to a half a day. Weather, mechanical, medical problems are the most common.

And I believe in the fine print you can not blame the cruise line if you are late.

We have gotten off the Glory as early as 8:15 and as late as 11:15.

the 11:15 was not a weather related issue. Not sure what took customs so long that day to clear the ship. At any rate, it is a 45-50 minute drive to the airport and also you have to go through security lines which sometimes can be quite long!

Personally, I would never book a flight out of PC earlier than 1 PM just in case there are issues making debarkation late. One time we had a 1 oclock flight on Delta. Got to the airport at 9. Delta gave us an earlier flight for 25pp.

Take advantage of that BAG INC deal where they take your luggage from the ship and check them in for you and give you boarding passes etc. You won't have to deal or see your luggage until you arrive at your final distination.

Fred

You can drive yourself crazy with the is this too early etc. Make sure you have insurance and go with what you have booked. You will hear things about delays, weather, customs you name it but you know anything can happen and even a 1pm flight might be impossible if something prevents you from getting to their airport on time. As long as you are insured you can deal with whatever happens when it happens.

Still wondering if anyone can answer that for me...

Classynfun1- Are you from NY or do you just like Cornell?

Bags Inc. is a company that takes care of your luggage for you. Here's their website

http://www.airportbags.com/. I believe I have read that they do not offer this service for flights that take off before 12noon. :)

Archived