Chocolate Melting Cake recipe 12 servings...

cruzvickie

I don't post much, but I am lurking all the time. Learning new things, and soaking up all the info for planning my next cruise. As my title says, I have FINALLY perfected the recipe that was originally posted for approximately 2000 people. I tried it out on Thanksgiving and cooked them a bit to long, but I tried it again, and SUCCESS!!!!

Chocolate Melting Cake

1-3/4 C. Chocolate chips Semi sweet

1-3/4 C. butter (I used sticks of margarine)

9 large eggs

1/2+1/16 C. sugar

2/3 C. flour

Melt chocolate chips and butter in double boiler. Mix half the eggs and sugar in large bowl. Wisk well, then add flour. Mix well, then add remaining eggs. Pour chocolate mixture into egg mixture and stir well.

Pour into ramekins and bake at 400 F. for 8 to 10 minutes. Set them on a cookie sheet.

Don't cook any longer than 10 minutes even if it still doesn't look quite done. I have found that ONLY the white ramekins cook it correctly. I tried clear glass and they get over done.

I served them with Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and it was delicious.

Merry Christmas to ALL!!!!!!

Vickie:)

But you need a mix to make this, the recipe posted is from scratch.

Thanks to the OP, I'm going to try it out!

It's true you need a mix for it but the only added ingredient is water (I think). It's foolproof! Even the six-year old can make it ... and LOVES to make it! Give it a shot!

It's true you need a mix for it but the only added ingredient is water (I think). It's foolproof! Even the six-year old can make it ... and LOVES to make it! Give it a shot!

No doubt the mix is good, but you don't always have a mix on hand when the NEED to have some arrises.

The OPs recipe is made from staples I have in my kitchen all the time so I am happy to have a proven recipe I can use in a pinch.

Ramekins are little individual bowls you buy that are oven proof. Any good store will have them in the cookware dept. I have even seen them in walmarts but they were the clear ones the op says is not as good.

I ate melting cake (with a cappucino yum!) every night on the Fantasy - and my first night back was DYING for more! I found it in the freezer section - not as tasty of course - but it filled the bill in a pinch! Looks like I'll make it from scratch when we return this time -

And I am SOOOOO looking for to 7 nights of melting cake on the Pride.

Anni

On our last cruise, the couple sitting next to us at dinner had bought the cookbook, but found it didn't have the cake recipe in it. So, they asked our waiter for the recipe for the melting cake. He actually took the galley copy of the recipe, copied it and gave it to her - serves 1000!!! We cracked up trying to figure out how to reduce that to a manageable sized recipe!! Thanks for the help!

I don't post much, but I am lurking all the time. Learning new things, and soaking up all the info for planning my next cruise. As my title says, I have FINALLY perfected the recipe that was originally posted for approximately 2000 people. I tried it out on Thanksgiving and cooked them a bit to long, but I tried it again, and SUCCESS!!!!

Made them up for my wife and did the same thing, second time was a charm.

• 4 months later...

Chocolate Melting Cake

1-3/4 C. Chocolate chips Semi sweet

1-3/4 C. butter (I used sticks of margarine)

9 large eggs

1/2+1/16 C. sugar

2/3 C. flour

Melt chocolate chips and butter in double boiler. Mix half the eggs and sugar in large bowl. Wisk well, then add flour. Mix well, then add remaining eggs. Pour chocolate mixture into egg mixture and stir well.

Pour into ramekins and bake at 400 F. for 8 to 10 minutes. Set them on a cookie sheet.

Don't cook any longer than 10 minutes even if it still doesn't look quite done. I have found that ONLY the white ramekins cook it correctly. I tried clear glass and they get over done.

I served them with Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and it was delicious.

Merry Christmas to ALL!!!!!!

Here's the recipe we got off the Glory, it's for 10

Semi Sweet Chocolate 8 oz

Butter(unsalted) 8 oz

Fresh eggs 7

Sugar 3 oz

Flour 2 oz

Melt Chocolate & Butter in a double boiler

Mix 1/2 egg & sugar whisk for a few minutes & add flour, add balance of egg.

Add egg mixture to the melted Chocolate mixture

Pour into Ramkin cups

Bake in oven at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes

Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Archived