Real beach @ Boatswains Beach?

medicmel

OK, I have looked through the threads for info on this place. I know its the old Turtle farm. The question I have is there a real beach on the ocean or just the man made pool? Several threads had people say they would post after their cruise but I haven't found any postings yet. Need help will be there in February 08. I looked at their website also, but it leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for any help.:confused:

Actually the turtle farm is fairly new, the old one got destroyed by a hurricane. The old one was on the beach (and looks like it is being turned into a dolphin area in the future) and the new is across the road. Our tour van parked on the beach side next to the old area but I can't remember what the beach area looked like. I was told all the beaches on Grand Cayman are public. The new turtle farm seems to have a man-made beach and snorkeling area inside the park but that wasn't included in our tour. Next time.

The old Cayman Turtle Farm site was on the shore, but nothing you could call a beach. The shoreline in that area is jagged sharp ironshore. That site was severely damaged in a hurricane in November 2001.

Boatswain's Beach is (aside from the parking lot) entirely on the inland side of the road. No "real" beach on the ocean there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived