Help! What do you do when you left something in your cabin?...

Those that are thinking about the bunny slippers that my daughter left and making jokes of it, hope you never leave anything and want it back. They meant something to my EIGHT year old daughter okay? Like I said, she was not crying or anything, I called that was it. You guys are horrible.

When my son was young, he had a Snoopy dog that went everywhere he went. It was left behind at a hotel during one of our travels. They were able to find it and sent it back with a note that said "found, one old worn out stuffed dog." Snoops wasn't worn out, he was loved. ;)

Knowing how my son felt, when I found a few things in my room on my last cruise, I couldn't remember what your daughter had lost, what ship you had been on, etc. One of my CC friends reminded me it was bunny slippers so I knew the little girl skirt wasn't what you were looking for. Besides, you didn't mention any 40DDs missing either. ;) For your daughters sake, I wish it had been the slippers.

Did you lose yours? There is another thread talking about them being found under a bed !!! :D

I know! That's why I posted this. I fortunately still have all of my teeth!!

Hey Kelly, when's your next cruise? Is the Burg snowed in?

Hi!! I have cruises scheduled in April (western Caribbean) and June (Canada/NE) -- and they can't get here soon enough! Do you have anything on the horizon?

The kids had snow days on Thursday and Monday, so they were happy! The ski resorts are happy too. We have a combo of ice and snow, but fortunately it doesn't look like any big storms will be hitting over Christmas. Will you be in the area over the holidays? I hope you have a wonderful adn safe holiday season!!!:)

In July we were on Explorer and I posted a Live From thread....... (and stay tuned for my upcoming 12/23 Live From thread). A girl posted that her DD, 7 years old, had left her Doll on their bed when they left their cabin the sail right before us- she gave me the cabin# & DH and I immediately went to talk to the Steward (it was real immediate, as their cabin happened to be about 10 away from ours). He remembered the girls name AND the doll she carfried aorund but he said that when they clean the room/bed they just wrap it all up & send it be cleaned, anything found, we were told "gets thrown out". I wished the stuff would be donated but they claim tossed for sanitary reasons- which I can understand. Im not sure why they would toss pictures tho :rolleyes: unless they just toss everything! DH and I were happily surprised to see that when they turn over cabins they even change out the hangars!!

Actually, the cabin steward said he would check into it anyway and we wen t back a few times to talk to him and inquire....but it wasnt found..

Cruise Lover: Why say you don't mean to be negative when you SAY something negative?! I never said my photo was lousy - I said that I thought it bad that you have to pay $20 for one lousy photo - only to be told you could re-buy it! Go to any CVS and you can buy four 8x10s for the price of one on the ship. I think the photos are price gouging the cruisers and I think that is what's lousy. And too bad, I'm sure many others would love to be able to purchase more photos and have wonderful memories from their cruises but can't because the prices are outrageous.

bplazo: where do you get off thinking that I was blaming the ship that I left my photo in the room? I never said it was their fault or even thought that so your comment "It's not the cruise line's fault you left something behind" was pointless and rude.

So many times I read these boards and someone asks a question or says something and people are just plain rude to them. I just don't get it - would you treat people that way face to face?

Thank you to LAKaye for showing some empathy to me.

I didn’t read that thread …. But my DD is 7 going on 8 and I know if she left her “Star” (ratty old horse teddy bear) she would be crushed!! And I would have to do what a mom has to do to see about getting it back. I’m with you ;)

When my son was young, he had a Snoopy dog that went everywhere he went. It was left behind at a hotel during one of our travels. They were able to find it and sent it back with a note that said "found, one old worn out stuffed dog." Snoops wasn't worn out, he was loved. ;)

Knowing how my son felt, when I found a few things in my room on my last cruise, I couldn't remember what your daughter had lost, what ship you had been on, etc. One of my CC friends reminded me it was bunny slippers so I knew the little girl skirt wasn't what you were looking for. Besides, you didn't mention any 40DDs missing either. ;) For your daughters sake, I wish it had been the slippers.

At least you both understand how she/I felt!! I posted a thread about the missing bunny slippers and many MANY on this site made rude, inconsiderate comments stating my daughter should have known better than to leave them, guess she learned her lesson, etc. She is 8 for God's sake! She was not crying or that upset but she did like her slippers!! All I said what that she left them and some people on here (most that commented on my thread) were very rude and lacked compassion. Had they left something on board they too would be upset and I would not have said such rude comments to them. I thought it was uncalled for. Now they still are making jokes on other threads. It just bothered me is all. Thanks for understanding, guess us parents do. :)

Archived