Zenith Questions

cruzingduo

We just booked the Zenith for an October sailing to Bermuda and have a few questions about the ship. Is there a specialty dining room onboard?

I heard they have a casual eating room or area not sure what that is? I was told they have different ethnic foods if you choose not to dine in the main dining room. Can anyone provide more info?

Can you bring wine aboard? I assume there's a corkage fee which I saw on other posts. Has anyone had any problem bringing it on board? Is there a limit to how many bottles you can bring?

How is the wine list? Perhaps it's not worth bringing wine. Any wine lovers out there than can advise us?

Does anyone have the daily sheets - What days are the formal nights? Is a tux appropriate for my husband? Is 1 night more formal?

In the dining room are there different theme nights for food? If yes, what types are they?

Thanks so much, we have been on RCL & NCL recently but haven't been on Celebrity for a couple of years. I Love Bermuda

cruzingduo,

Specialty restaurants are currently only available on the large "M" class ships.

Casual dining in the buffet area is available in lieu of dining in the dining room. The dress code for this alternative dining is a very relaxed casual at all times. The entree is served by a waiter, I believe the other courses are handled buffet style. The menu is the sameor at least very close to that night's menu in the dining room. No special ethnic foods.....there is a sushi station that opens at 6:00 PM separate from this area.

There is a corkage fee for wine not ordered from their wine list, which is adequate. Depending on where you are traveling from bringing any real quality wines might not be worth the effort if they are subjected to conditions that will cause spoilage.

Formal nights on Celebrity are that...formal...on this itinerary there are two formal nights......Captain's welcoming night.....Sunday and then again on Thursday night. There is one semi-formal night.......but this night is not enforced much at all since it occurs while docked and many pax are off ship.

Tux very appropriate...always bring mine.....enjoy dressing up.

No theme nights in the dining room....Celebrity tries to rise above the mass market lines and has a more restrained, European style of service in its dining rooms. If you are not happy with the choices on the menu.....shrimp cocktail is always available, as well as Ceasar salad and steak. You can also order from the vegetarian menu....and mix and match from both.

I hope this helps....look for Jacob in the Maretini bar....he makes some of the best.

Al

We were on the Horizon in January, they had delicious warm chocolate roll in the Cove each moring. Since the Zenith is a Sister ship to the Horizon, do you know if they serve the same on the Zenith. In a way, I hope not, I don't need the extra Calories.

Crusingduo, when in Oct. are you sailing? We are booked for Oct. 23 for Bermuda on a 9 day sailing.

No we are not on the same sailing. We are going the first week of October. I am surprised that there are so few posts about the Zenith. There is not much information posted here.

If anyone has more info about her we'd really appreciate it.

Does my DH need a sports coat for the informal nights, or will dress slacks and a Polo shirt be ok?

Can I wear capri's to dinner or are dresses the preferred attire?

Thanks again!

There are 3 different suggested clothing, Formal tux or Dark suit. Informal is sport coat & tie, casual is country club. But I think pretty much what ever you want. I have never seen anyone turned away at dinner.

You should see some pretty change of colors when you go. We decided to go later, because of the great prices they were offering, and the 2 extra days.

From past expirences - the two formal nights are the second night out and the night you leave Bermuda.

A Tux is worth using. Makes it easier to dress.

Also to break it up - you can go to a tux shop near you.

Get a different color tie and extras.

You could use a sports coat on the informal nights - but it's not needed.

A nice shirt with a tie and slacks will do.

Longboysfan

does my DH need a shirt & tie for the Zenith? He was planning on wearing hix tux for the 2 formal nights and a polo shirt & kaiki's for all the other nights. Could he bring a sports coat and use it with the polo shirts and be ok?

thannks

Longboysfan

does my DH need a shirt & tie for the Zenith? He was planning on wearing hix tux for the 2 formal nights and a polo shirt & kaiki's for all the other nights. Could he bring a sports coat and use it with the polo shirts and be ok?

thannks

He will be just fine without a tie. :)

If it helps, we were on the Zenith and loved her.

Just got back from the Zenith on Saturday. I felt I was a little overdressed (compared to the other cruisers at least) in a tux... in fact... someone even thought I was an employee and asked me where they could smoke a cigarette. Most people wore full suits, and then SOME people wore sport coats on the informal night.

Even though I disagree with the dressing down, it seems like a good rule of thumb is that most people dress one notch below what they SHOULD be dressed at.

Just to verify this.

Can my hubby wear dressy silk shirt and trousers on informal nights or does the majority wear shirt,tie and jacket? We are on the caribbean 14 day cruise and the answer would certainly help me with the packing plans.

Thank you

Archived