Cave tubing through RCCL

thesawch

If i book my cave tubing through the cruise ship Jewel of the seas from RCCL which company takes you cave tubing in Febuary.I was talking to my TA today and told here i was going to go cave tubing on a private tour and she said NO!!! Belize is not the place to do privatley booked tour.I was going to go with Major Tom but now she has me scared about a private excursion and may go through the cruise line.Any thoughts on this??? Thanks thesawch

We booked with a private tour company and had a great time. There were several advantages for us...the biggest was that our son who was 6 at the time was able to go with us. He was not old enough for the excursion through RCI.... we did the research and we know our child and we knew that he would do just fine ( and he did). I would not take a child under 6 and most of the private tour operators say 8 OR good swimmer. ( our son is a fish and loves the water ... he also is very respectful when with a group of adults and knew he would be the only child on this tour)

Another advantage was going in a small group gave us the chance to walk a bit further down the path and enter the water one cave upstream. So we had 2 full caves to go through. Being in a smaller group we were able to hear our guide and stay with him better in the water. The cruise tours had 50 or more people and took longer to do everything.

I would do whatever you feel comfortable doing and what ever works best for your group.

Archived