Does NCL have a post cruise NYC tour type excursion?

tripman

Will be sailing out of NYC in March on NCL. I was hoping on taking one of those typical post cruise/pre flight city tour excursions to kill time, but nothing is showing up on the Norwegian website for New York City. Do they offer such a thing?

We sailed out of NYC on the Dawn in April 2006 and there was no post-cruise "shore excursions" offered, either beforehand or for sale during the cruise. I think such a high percentage of the cruisers live "locally" that NCL don't see a need :(

Will be sailing out of NYC in March on NCL. I was hoping on taking one of those typical post cruise/pre flight city tour excursions to kill time, but nothing is showing up on the Norwegian website for New York City. Do they offer such a thing?

You may want to go to Madam Tussauds wax museum which is just down block from the port. Its very popular and very nice to see. Accross the street is Dallas BBQ if you want something inexpensive to eat and you walk out stuffed. Very good food. Next door to the wax museum is an ice cream place where they sing to you and serve home made ice cream that is out of this world. All very close to port and you can go on your own. There is so much to do there on your own you don't need an excursion and cabs are everywhere you look. I live in NY and I have to agree, most people that sail out of NY is either from NY and NJ. Hope this helps, I live in NY and you can't tell you how much there is to see and do. But, because you probably want to stay close to port, this is nice for you.

You may want to go to Madam Tussauds wax museum which is just down block from the port. Its very popular and very nice to see. Accross the street is Dallas BBQ if you want something inexpensive to eat and you walk out stuffed. Very good food. Next door to the wax museum is an ice cream place where they sing to you and serve home made ice cream that is out of this world. All very close to port and you can go on your own. There is so much to do there on your own you don't need an excursion and cabs are everywhere you look. I live in NY and I have to agree, most people that sail out of NY is either from NY and NJ. Hope this helps, I live in NY and you can't tell you how much there is to see and do. But, because you probably want to stay close to port, this is nice for you.

I'm very disappointed that there is no post-cruise excursion offered as well. As kind and good as the suggestions of this poster are - it's just too difficult to enjoy anything when you're lugging around 3 suitcases and various carryon bags. Since NYC doesn't offer luggage storage services either, non-local cruisers are really out in the cold. We, like other posters I've seen here, don't fly out of JFK until 10:00 p.m. - makes for a really, really long airport day after disembarking:cool: .

I've searched and searched, both on these boards and on the web in general, for a solution to this. I'd love to hear some ideas - ones that take into account the luggage aspect and don't cost almost as much as the cruise itself (i.e. a day-long limo tour). There was one post, that was a very interesting suggestion, which suggested hiring a car for the day, storing your bags in it, parking up then driving it to the airport later. Just don't know if my hubby could handle NYC driving! Any more?

I'm very disappointed that there is no post-cruise excursion offered as well. As kind and good as the suggestions of this poster are - it's just too difficult to enjoy anything when you're lugging around 3 suitcases and various carryon bags. Since NYC doesn't offer luggage storage services either, non-local cruisers are really out in the cold. We, like other posters I've seen here, don't fly out of JFK until 10:00 p.m. - makes for a really, really long airport day after disembarking:cool: .

I've searched and searched, both on these boards and on the web in general, for a solution to this. I'd love to hear some ideas - ones that take into account the luggage aspect and don't cost almost as much as the cruise itself (i.e. a day-long limo tour). There was one post, that was a very interesting suggestion, which suggested hiring a car for the day, storing your bags in it, parking up then driving it to the airport later. Just don't know if my hubby could handle NYC driving! Any more?

Getting a day-long limo tour in NY is very expensive. Perhaps you can ask what others are doing on your roll call. You may find someone on the ship or roll call that you get friendly with that live in NY and they can hold your luggage for you. Many people on the ship live locally. Just a thought. Or you can check out the nearby hotels and ask them if they can hold your luggage for a short time for a small fee. People are always looking to make a buck. Good luck and if I think of anything I will write again.

Are you staying over in a hotel PRIOR to your cruise? If so, talk to the hotel about the possibility of leaving your bags there AFTER you return from the cruise & then picking them up later in the day. It may cost you some extra $$ & it also may depend on how busy the hotel is on your disembarkation day. Talk to the hotel mgr & see if they can help.

Tom

Archived