What is there to do around Intercontinental Hotel

scotslizzy

Hi

Will be arriving into Miami hopefully around 6 p m and wonder if there are any nice bars or restaurants around the Intercontinental West in Miami . Do not want to just sit around the hotel all evening as we do not get picked up until around 12 the next day to go to FL for embarkation.

Have done this type of cruise before but unfortunatley our flight was delayed and we did not get to the hotel until 2 am .Hoping it will be better this time.

Any suggestions?

Liz

We were there a cple of years ago and its pretty remote.

There's a few shops over the road which is really busy so I advise walking to the lights and I saw a couple of chain type restaurants in the vicinity. There'll be others there so start making new friends is my advice!

Enjoy

Stayed there twice so far and a third to come

Not a lot in the immediate vicinity, a strip mall is situated across the street along with Wendy's and a couple of petrol stations. A reasonable McDonalds is also across another road and we use this for breakfast rather than the hotel. There are plenty of restaurants a short taxi ride away. We have used Chilis which in the UK I would walk to but use a taxi there($7 each way) because we like the chain .

Have a look for restaurants etc on Google earth or maps live.

There is also the dreaded Dolphin Mall fairly close by but as you will probably be dumped there on the way back you might not want to go there.;)

It's really in 'no mans land'!!

We stayed there once, second time we asked for a different hotel (on South Beach) - and were lucky, no extra charge was made. We were told we had to do our own tranfers but when we got to MIA from the UK we had a Greyhound coach to ourselves!!! Brilliant.

Sometimes when Princess get it wrong and the left hand doesn't always know what right hand is doing, it CAN work out to the clients advantage!! Deep joy lol................

Colin :) :)

Archived