Pearl cruises cancelled

d man

Has anybody else heard about the cancellation of the Pearl's cruises from Oct 08 thru April 09? If you have a reservation on the Pearl for these dates, you will be receiving a call from NCL in the near future. They are replacing the 9 day and 5 day cruises with a new 7 day cruise

enjoy

d man

No, the change of itinerary takes place after the Pearl comes back from Alaska. The Jewel is doing the same itinerary as the cancelled Pearl cruises, so everybody will be able to do the same itinerary, but on the Jewel.

Wow! Where did you read this news?

It's not yet on NCL's web site, at least not under the Pearl's itineraries.

I'm more inclined they would reposition the Pearl to Los Angeles to replace the Star, and have the Star sail someplace else.

I also hope it will be Houston's new Bayport facilities.

Wow! Where did you read this news?

It's not yet on NCL's web site, at least not under the Pearl's itineraries.

I'm more inclined they would reposition the Pearl to Los Angeles to replace the Star, and have the Star sail someplace else.

I also hope it will be Houston's new Bayport facilities.

I noticed that my feb 09 cruise wasn't listed anymore, so I call NCL and was told of the changes.

Just to clarify -- I'm only speculating on the Houston idea. I haven't read or heard anything that would even lead me to that conclusion. I may very possibly be adding 1 + 1 and coming up with 5, but with the Houston port terminal opening, it makes sense that one of the cruise lines will take advantage of a new facility.

It's also possible that the Pearl would still be sailing from Miami, but doing 7 day Western Caribbean cruise every week vs the alternating 9 day Southern and 5 day Western. Note, the Sun will be sailing the South American itinerary next winter vs the 7 day Western this winter.

We were booked on the 2/27/09 9 day sailing. I was looking around the NCL websight and like d man noticed that our cruise had disappeared! Called our TA and she confirmed that they were moving the Pearl to a 7 day intinerary...:eek: My TA was unaware of any changes until I called about it.

Nice of NCL to pull the rug out from under a lot of people...:mad:

Now we are on the 2/20/09 sailing of the Jewel. I chose the Pearl because I thought the bowling alley and rock climbing wall looked like a lot of fun, but I guess we'll have to made do...:D

We were booked on the 2/27/09 9 day sailing. I was looking around the NCL websight and like d man noticed that our cruise had disappeared! Called our TA and she confirmed that they were moving the Pearl to a 7 day intinerary...:eek: My TA was unaware of any changes until I called about it.

Nice of NCL to pull the rug out from under a lot of people...:mad:

Now we are on the 2/20/09 sailing of the Jewel. I chose the Pearl because I thought the bowling alley and rock climbing wall looked like a lot of fun, but I guess we'll have to made do...:D

Did NCL offer a onboard credit?

Did NCL offer a onboard credit?

Next October's sailings are 10 months away, there's plenty of time for passengers to cancel without penalty, and make other plans. I see no reason for NCL to offer credits.

But it sure would be nice for NCL to go ahead and announce these changes publicly soon, so passengers can make and change plans before being stuck with pre-year vacation date choices from work next year.

I'm not upset NCL has made changes, cruise lines should be able to change itineraries to match customer demand better, but once the decision has been made, these decisions should be seen on the web site quicker than they have been in the recent past.

Well, I just signed into my booking for the 10/10/08 9-day Pearl cruise and everything came up like normal.

So doesn't mine. NCl gave me a phone number to call on monday to change my reservation. Can we give out phone numbers on this forum.

d man

Dear Travel Partner and Guests:

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) has important information for you regarding Norwegian Pearl’s 5-day, 9-day and 14 -day Caribbean

sailings from Miami, Florida scheduled October 10, 2008 to April 10, 2009. All guests booked on these sailings need to be aware

of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

Based on feedback and demand from both travel partners and guests, NCL has re-deployed Norwegian Pearl to sail a new 4-port,

7-day Western Caribbean cruise from Miami. Because of this re-deployment, Norwegian Pearl’s previously published schedule of

5, 9 and 14 -day cruises have been cancelled.

Guests who are currently booked on the cancelled sailings may rebook on Norwegian Jewel, sister ship to Norwegian Pearl, and

select the same 5, 9 or 14-day itinerary from Miami between November 2008 and April 2009. Or, guests may choose a Norwegian

Pearl 7-day sailing between October 2008 and April 2009. To encourage guests to rebook on one of these sailings, NCL will offer

guests a 2-category upgrade (excluding categories AG and above) if they rebook by January 10, 2008 . For your convenience the

itineraries and sailing dates are listed below:

Norwegian Jewel Norwegian Pearl

5-Day Western Caribbean from Miami 7-Day Western Caribbean from Miami

Sun Miami, Florida 4:00 PM Sun Miami, Florida 4:00 PM

Mon At Sea Mon At Sea

Tue George Town, Grand Cayman 8:00 AM 4:00 PM Tue Roatán, Bay Islands, Honduras 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Wed Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Wed Belize City, Belize 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu At Sea Thu Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Fri Miami, Florida 8:00 AM Fri At Sea

2008:

Nov 9, 23; Dec 7, 21 Sat Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

2009:

Jan 4, 18; Feb 1, 15; Mar 1, 15, 29; Apr 12 Sun Miami, Florida 8:00 AM

2008:

Oct 12, 19, 26; Nov 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; Dec 7, 14, 21, 28

Norwegian Jewel 2009:

Jan 4, 11, 18, 25; Feb 1, 8, 15, 22; Mar 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; Apr 5, 12

9-Day Southern Caribbean from Miami

Fri Miami, Florida 4:00 PM

Sat At Sea

Sun Samaná, Dominican Republic 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Mon Tortola, British Virgin Islands 10:00 AM 6:30 PM

Tue St. John's, Antigua 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Wed Bridgetown, Barbados 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

Thu Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Fri At Sea

Sat At Sea

Sun Miami, Florida 8:00 AM

2008:

Nov 14, 28; Dec 12, 26

2009:

Jan 9, 23; Feb 6, 20; Mar 6, 20; Apr 3

Page 1 of 1

Please let us know your preference by calling us at 800-625 -5672, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm EST. If we do not receive a

response by January 10, 2008, your reservation on Norwegian Pearl will be automatically cancelled and deposits will be

refunded. For Groups, please contact your Group Coordinator at 800-456-3054. Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm EST for additional

information as certain restrictions apply. Please note that non-deposited bookings will be automatically cancelled unless we hear

from you otherwise. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to assisting you with your reservation.

Sincerely,

Crane Gladding

Senior Vice President, Revenue Management & Passenger Services

Archived