Ted's Tours?

lhall85917

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone done a tour with them? http://www.coconut-court.com/activities_tedstour.cfm?Category=teds I've seen some good reviews on TripAdvisor.

Thanks for the help!

My best friend and I stayed at the coconut court in November of 2005. Both of us agree it was our best vacation ever. The highlight of our stay was Ted’s tour. The man is hysterical, Lively, and maybe a little crazy. At one point he got off the bus to yell at a cop for something. I was really worried about it, until the cop seemed to be the one who was worried about upsetting such a celebrity. He did this tour with his "Brother" Who has a very dark skin color, mind you Ted is LILLY WHITE. He made all the right stops and commentary. FYI - he makes a stop at a prison which looks like it is closed just incase you need to use the restroom... me and my friend did... it wasn't closed and I stared at a prisoner (who was behind bars) while waiting to pee. We tasted fresh sugar cane, coconut and fresh rum punch. The lunch he provides is GREAT!!! Very traditional. We still talk about how much fun that tour was. I have over 200 pictures from that tour alone. GO GO BOOK BOOK worth every penny and a big fat tip.

I am attaching a picture of Ted which I took That day. It's my favorite one.

IMG_2076.jpg.6ecec43a11cf4fbba95e27787d86cb0a.jpg

We actualy stayed at the Coconut Court Hotel for 10 days back in 2003 and did Ted's Tour. This was our first trip to the island and the tour is a really great way to explore the entire island (which is now one of our favorites as we have been to most of the islands). It was amazing how different each coast is (Atlantic vs Carribean) as well as the individual towns (parish's as they call it). Ted is a native of the island and is an excellent guide-he really seems to enjoy what he does. We made numerous stops along the way some at roadside stands, some just for a good photo op, and even at a couple of the small towns such as the quaint fishing village of Spheghtstown (don't quote me on the spelling). :) The tour really gives you a good feel for the various regions of the island and Ted is well versed in his history and can likely answer any of your questions.

The only other thing I will mention is that we were by far the youngest people on the entire tour (we were in our early thirty's) most everyone else were mostly over age 50. This by no means affected the tour, nor what a great time we had. I just felt it was worthwhile mentioning in cast that mattered to you. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived