Ionie McBeam

lunyma

For those of you that don't know her, or know of her, Ionie is a travel guide in Ocho Rios. She and her husband Lewis are 2 of the nicest people I have ever met, and after a couple tours with them, we became friends. Ionie and I have kept in touch over the years, and with the impending hurricane, I had emailed her to express my concern for them, and their kids (5, 4 of which are at home).

Anyway... Ionie and Lewis totally depend on cruiseship passengers for their income. Since last week, and continuing at LEAST through next week, they will have no income at all. Ionie tells me that their house may withstand a hurricane, with the exception of their roof, which she says is quite unstable already. I know that there is nothing anyone can do to help them out there, but in the meantime, she also tells me that all stores are shut down due to unavailability of food and supplies. I KNOW that she would only ask for help if she really needed it, and she has. She won't tell me exactly what she needs for her family, but I would guess that any food staples, maybe batteries and flashlights, or whatever else you could think of, would be at the top of their list. Their kids (at home) range in age from about 2-16 <?>.

I know that all of you in Florida and on the east coast are already preparing for yourselves, and I don't blame you, but if anyone can do anything at all to help out a wonderful family in Jamaica, I'm sure that they, as well as myself, would be greatly appreciative. If you CAN help in any way, please feel free to email me privately, and I will send you their address.

Thanks so much, and sending prayers and good wishes to all in Ivan's path...

Pam (lunyma@aol.com)

I've been thinking about Peat Taylor also. We spent the most wonderful day with Peat two years ago and I worry what will happen to him and his family.

In addition to that, the thought of the shanty-type homes we saw on the island just make me cringe. I can't imagine what kind destruction Ivan will leave in a place like that. My heart goes out to all of those folks.

I hve been watchin this storm for 2 days now and I am sick with worry...I hve many friends...I knw consider family frm Ja and i just continue to pray for there safety and well being...I will be goin down in Oct if anyone wld lk to snd anything down to hlp those who wld greatly appreciate it Im sure...continue to pray...They continue to tell ME not to worry Ja is blessed...I truly hope so

Archived