Newbies on the Sea

tlbibb

Hello my wife and I will be doing the new years voyage leaving aboard the Fortuna on next weekend. I have a question for Andy. I went on the website and did not see the following excursion available that I came across in another post..3751 - Bacardi Evening Experience - $ 75.00. How would we go about finding this particular excursion? This will be our first cruise experience ever and are really excited about the experience. Any other valuable info anyone could share will be highly appreciative.

Hello there...

There may be some excursions which are offered only on the ship... I don't know. But it was definately available on the Fortuna. Here's the exact description:

3751 - Barcadi Evening Experience - $ 75.00 (LIMITED SPACE)

Duration: approx. 3.5 hours

Departure: 5:00 PM (that was our estimated arrival time)

Welcome to one of the exciting party ferry ride across the bay of Old San Juan. As you board the ferry you will hear and dance the Puerto Rican music as they drink one of the tropical drinks. As the ferry move across the bay you will enjoy the impressive view of the walls of San Juan. And the massive mansion of the governor also part of San Felipe del Morro Castle. Ride continue to Catano were you will be met and transported to the biggest Rum Destillery in the world. At the Barcadi you will enjoy the Exhibition also taste complimentary drinks and you will have time for shopping at the Barcadi store. Later you will be guided through the Condado area and return to the Old City of San Juan where you will have a stop for picture taking at the Capitol building and Fort San Cristobal.

Please note: This excursion does not feature any guide. Space is limited, so please reserve early. Visitors are not allowed to enter the room production area. The boat ride takes approximately 30 minutes. Once back, you'll find the pizzeria open on deck 9.

Note: I did not write this... this comes directly from the Costa Tour Magazine, so any typos or grammar errors are not intentional... ;)

I think normally you an also book tours individually for the Barcadi experience, but only during the day... I never been on this excursion, but I may believe that the cruise ships have special tours in regards of operating hours...

You might want to call Costa directly in the morning and see what they say. Also, you might want to check out the Puerto Rico board under Ports of Call and see if there is a company that offers this tour privately in San Juan. If so, you'll save lots of money booking directly thru them and not the cruise line.

Good luck!

Archived