Emerald (caribe Balcony)

RB

Just got off the Crown yesterday. Those Caribe balconies are H-U-G-E. The covered -inner- half is the size of a std. balcony (in fact, the cover is provided by the balcony from the cabin above) while the second half -outer- is open (again roughly the size of a std balcony). The overall size of that balcony is equivalent to the sofa/sitting area of the mini-suites below.

I was never much of a balcony person until this trip but if I'll book balcony again, I wouldn't even consider any of the other ones. I would even argue that the larger balcony might even give an edge to a balcony cabin vs. a mini suite provided one doesn't sit around inside the cabin all day/night (in which case the extra air-conditioned sofa area becomes more important).

We are getting ready for our second Princess cruise and our second time of having a caribe Balcony. After having one we won't book anything else (unless it is a suite). We adore the extra space the Caribe balcony gives us. We can have privacy and we can still be outside if it is not perfect weather, or we can sunbath in the uncovered portion. We spend a lot of time on the balcony, especially in the evenings. We have friends that travel with us and we get adjoining cabins and open the partition between our balconies. It is wonderful. The best deal on the ship IMO!

Archived