First time cruiser, need help San Juan

hunnshine

:o Hi, I am going on the RCCL Jan. 13 2008 and was wondering if anyone has been on the excursion offered in San Juan, it's the "Sunset Cruise" one, it says it's 5 hours long,The tour begins with a bus ride departing from Old San Juan cruise terminal to the most North Easterly point of the island. Along the way you will pass the rain forest.

Then I guess you go on a boat that takes you around a number of emerald islands just off the marina. It says "Music from Calypso to Reggae sets the mood." Then, Go below deck to observe the ocean's life zone through the glass-bootom hull

I can't find anyone who has done this. Anyone out there experience this excursion?

Thanks for your help.

Sue:rolleyes:

I have never been on this excursion, but I bet it is through East Island.

If so, it looks kind of pricey for what you get.

The time on the boat is only 2 hours (it takes about 1.25 hrs to get to the dock). You pass the rainforest- El Yunque (it looks like a big mountain from the road- not really a selling point).

It gets dark here at about 6pm- so you won't have a lot of time to see on the glass bottom boat.

But maybe someone who has actually taken it can give you a better idea.

Archived