On Board Booking???

LynandBill

Celebrity his adopted a program like Princess, but with some twists. I think its called "Passages". You pay $100pp to merit a future on board credit without selecting a particular itinerary. You can, I'm told, buy this on behalf of other parties too but their name is listed on the credit form and they must use it - not transferable. You can't buy a 'passages' OBC to apply to an exisiting booking.

The OBC size depends on future cruise's length. The 'negative' relative to Princess is that this 'passages' payment is credited towards the standard required booking deposit for your future-booked cruise. On Princess, the payment counts as your deposit, no additional $ required to book, and you get the OBC (but it is only equal to the amount paid for the pre-booking, not higher based on trip length). So Celeb's 'passages can 'pre-buy' a higher future OBC but not negate need for additional deposit $ at booking.

In the past, some X folks would 'game' by just booking a (low-deposit) future trip not actually to be taken to qualify for the on-board credit, and then switch booking later to actual cruise. ;) Apparently, the booking would be switched and usually no additional deposit was required for a higher-deposit booking.

If I haven't sufficiently confused you yet, print this message out and read its reflection in a mirror - that will clear up everything.:D

.....The OBC size depends on future cruise's length....
Note that the on-board booking credit for X since early 2007 depends on the cost of the cabin, not the length of the cruise [this is good for suite bookers, bad for bookers of less expensive cabins]. X's sister line RCI's on-board booking credit still depends on length of cruise.

Hi,

I posted last week or so to avoid the Celebrity Passage account if possible, they really pulled a number on us. I gave them $200 in October but did not designate the future cruise because we were leaning toward going in 2009 and the itineraries were not out for our timeframe. We decided to go on the Century in January and Celebrity said we could not use our Passage account credit because we found a really great deal on the cruise. In other words, if you are lucky enough to find a great bargain, you can't use the credits. Read the fine print carefully....they can deny you credit for just about any reason.

A discussion of this shady policy with one of their supervisors did not help at all. Oh well, they won't get any more of my money before I book again. It is truly a rip-off in MHO.:confused:

Archived