Best snorkeling???

travel99

I am going on the Crown Princess in March and will be in St. Thomas. This will be my second trip to the island and was wondering where the best snorkeling is?? Last time I believe I went to Coki beach, which was ok. Have read the reviews and it seems like St. Johns has the better/less crowded beaches. Any thoughts??

I am going on the Crown Princess in March and will be in St. Thomas. This will be my second trip to the island and was wondering where the best snorkeling is?? Last time I believe I went to Coki beach, which was ok. Have read the reviews and it seems like St. Johns has the better/less crowded beaches. Any thoughts??

I agree, Coki is ok, Secret Harbour is better. St John is much better- Trunk Bay is great, but the ship's excursions will most likely give you about an hr to actually spend on the beach and in the water. You can 'do' St John on yoiur own by taking a taxi to Red Hook, the ferry over and then another cab to the beach and get to spend more time snorkeling

I'd also look into private day sails. We did one on the Rumbaba this past cruise and had a great time- 8 of us total including the captain and mate, terrrific snorkeling, a nice sail over and back along with a gourmet lunch, hors d'oeuvres and drinks on the ride back. $115 pp for 6 hrs

Good luck

Definitely consider ferrying over to St. John to either Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay (or both if time allows). If you do an advanced search going back about 6 months for "trunk bay" or "st john snorkel" or similar, you should find several detailed threads about how to get to St. John, how much things cost, etc. and so forth. You might want to just scroll back on the forum here and scan for titles like "can I get to st john on my own" or "how do we get to trunk bay" because those usually have tons of good info on the various options. I know that Crown Bay is somewhat farther from Red Hook than Havensight is, and the threads you'll find about Princess pax should give you info on logistics.

The idea of a day sail is a good one because it gives you more time and amenities--and often for less money--than the ship's excursions. I don't know what companies the various ships use, but I'm sure a search on the Princess board will help with that kind of info.

Enjoy!

beachchick

Archived